It's Love When It Burns Chapter 25

I walk into the Room of Requirements to meet Draco and for the first time, I felt something off about it.

It felt almost eerie, and for some reason I wanted to just turn around and run. Instead I bit down my uneasiness and walked further in.

The room still looked the same as when I last saw it. It was still full of dust and junk. It never changed.

I found Draco lounged against one of the many tables. He hadn't noticed me yet so I took the opportunity to study him.

Unlike earlier he didn't seem as troubled. He looked rather relaxed, stretched out, drumming his fingers on the table.

 Taking a deep breath and start towards him.

"Draco," I call to get his attention.

He flinched, apparently  unaware that I was here.

He turned his head in my direction and when he saw it was only me he let out a deep breath.

"It's about bloody time you got here," he states as he pushes off of the table, "Thought you might not be coming."

"I was delayed," I shrug as I walk up in front of him, "I can't believe you actually came, and here I thought Draco Malfoy listens to no one."

"Very funny Leianna," he mumbles with a roll of his eyes.

I chuckle lightly, while leaning back against the nearest table.

"Are you going to tell me what you want, or should I just guess," he says crossing his arms.

I mock him by crossing my arms and glaring at him.

"Fine I will just guess," he states smirking, "You wanted to ask what was wrong again, or perhaps try to get me to admit something is going on..."

"Actually," I state cutting through his words, "I just wanted to check in on you, I haven't talked to you since the train."

He stops walking, "Really?" he asks sounding actually surprised.

"Yes really," I say half truthfully.

He narrows his eyes, "And why exactly Leianna do you want to check in on me?"

My mouth opens but now words come out, I hadn't thought up that much of a lie yet.

"I...I..." I stutter as I look away from him at my hands.

"You... You... what?" he questions stepping towards me.

"I just... I just wanted to..."

"Leianna, you can stop trying to come up with a lie," he states now directly in front of me.

I look up into his eyes and a smile crosses his face.

"I get it," he tells me shrugging his shoulders.

I tilt my head confused, "Get what?"

He reaches out and caresses my check then I got it.

"Draco..."

"Shhh..." he says silencing me. He smiles as he eyes my lips.

"You still care about me don't you?" he asks.

What have I got myself in to? I just wanted to try and get close to Draco again, to see what was going on that he was not telling me but instead I had given Draco the assumption it was something more.

I stood there trying to figure where to go with this, how to respond to him. If I told him no he would probably shut me out again. Also I didn't want to make him mad, nor did I want to hurt his feelings. But if I let him believe I still loved him in the way he was thinking, it might lead Draco to telling me the truth.