It's Love When It Burns Chapter 32

My stomach was in complete knots. Every time I glance down at the parchment in front of me I feel my nerves heighten.

I hear someone get up as I open the parchment once more. Glancing down I see everything was just as it was, when I looked at it not even a minute ago.

I hear a recognizable exhale from behind me causing my eyes to roll on their own.

"He hasn't moved Hermione," I say as I feel her looking over my shoulder, "He is still in the common room."

I hear her sigh and turn, "Harry suspects Draco though."

"I know, but he's not doing anything," I retort as I turn and face where Ron, Neville, Ginny, and Luna sat.

None spoke up to my comment, except Ron.

"That doesn't mean he won't though," Ron exclaims staring me down.

"I know that," I say as I fidget with my hands.

Our conversation went silent, neither of us willing to discuss any more on the subject. We both knew where it would end up.

"Where do you think Harry is?" Ginny asks bringing something else up. I glance from her brother to see her looking down with a worried expression crossing her face.

 I walk over to her and sit on the chair arm while placing my hand on her shoulder.

"He's with Dumbledore Ginny," I say reassuringly.

"He is safe with Dumbledore," Luna adds as she scoots closer to Ginny.

"I just worry about him," Ginny says looking neither at Luna nor me; she continues to stare at her hands.

"Don't" Ron says shortly, "He is safe, I'm sure of it."

Finally Ginny looks up, Ron gives her one of his crooked smiles causing her lips to turn up, "Thanks Ron," she says.

The reassurance form her brother seemed to have eased her worry but we all were still on edge, left in the dark about what was happening.

"We haven't looked at the map in a while," Neville says finally speaking up for the first time.

I look from Ron and Ginny to Neville.

Neville was looking at me and what I had in my hand.

"You're right," Ron says, "Leianna."

"Fine I'll check again," I say as I unfold the Marauders Map once more, "But it's probably going to say the same thing, he is in his room."

I unfold the map and stare at the blank page, "I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good," I say to the map.

I watch as a floor plan of Hogwarts starts to materialize in front of me, showing every hallway, every corridor, and more importantly every person that I wanted to see.

I look for Draco's name, the one I have been watching all night. I look to where it had been before, in the Slytherin common room but it was no longer there.

I felt my heart quicken, I frantically search the map for him.

"What is it?" Ron asks jumping up off of the sofa.

"I don't see him," I say shortly.

Ron rushes over to me and looks down at the map. I angle the map so we both could look and finally Ron says, "He's right there," Ron points to the map on an upper level.

"But why wou..." before I could finish my sentence Draco's name disappears. "Where did he...," I was going to ask where did he go but I figured it out.