It's Love When It Burns Chapter 13

Draco just looked at me with an unreadable expression. I had no clue what to expect from him. Anger, truth, and another lie, either way I wanted to find out.

"Answer me Draco, did you do it?" I break the silence.

Instead of responding he takes a step towards me and I quickly take a step back. "Tell me you didn't," I state as a wave of nervousness went through my body. As much as I wanted the truth, it would still be hard to hear that he was trying to kill our headmaster, and is hurting others in the process.

"I didn't Leianna," he finally says, "Why would I do something like that?" The look on his face seemed genuine, but I still was weary about it. Part of me knew that it was easy for him to put up a mask, to lie.

"Because Draco," I say gathering up my courage for what I was going to say next, "Because the Dark Lord might have told you too."

His eyes widen in surprise at my direct accusation. At first he didn't deny it, it could be because of the surprise I would be so blunt, or because I was right... either way I had him stunned.

"Why..." he finally asks when he was able to let the shock go, "Why would you think something like that?"

I shrug not knowing what to say at first, "I don't know, maybe he is using you."

"Listen to what you are saying Leianna," he tells me stepping closer. This time I don't retreat, I stand firm in place.

"You honestly think I would let Voldemort manipulate me into doing something so reckless as to try and kill the headmaster?"

I was taken back. I was expecting a simple yes or no, but instead I got another question from him.

"I would hope not," I mumble. "I'm just trying to figure all this out."

"Well I wouldn't do that Leianna," he reassures me.

I let his words sink in and I let out loud sigh.

I was relieved to hear him confirm that I was wrong. I didn't want him to be caught up in such a dangerous scheme. 

But the question still remained... who did hex Katie Bell? As much as I wanted to find out, for now I was going to let it go. Perhaps Katie could tell me once she was better and out of the hospital.

I turn my attention back to Draco who was still standing in front of me.

I sigh, "I'm sorry for accusing you like that."  It was wrong of me to do something like that without knowing for sure he was the cause, "I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions."

"It's okay," he replies reaching out to place a hand on mine.

I pull my hand away from him, not wanting this conversation to turn into something else. I was here for answers, not to get caught up in a moment that shouldn't happen. 

"I really wish you would consider breaking it off with Weasley," he tells me.

I laugh and shake my head, "I wish you would consider you don't always get what you want."

A familiar smirk crosses his face and he leans in towards me, "Leianna, you know me," he begins as he brushes my hair from my face, "I always get what I want."

Instead of getting angry I laugh, "Usually you do," I tell him as I place my hands firmly between us on his chest, "But not this time."

"Come on Draco, let's go, I don't want to get caught wandering around the school after hour," I say as I start walking towards the doorway.