It's Love When It Burns Ch 7

One, two, three....

I throw another piece of paper, failing to make it into the trash basket. I rip another piece off and try yet again.

When I had no paper left, I throw my head back on the chair arm and let out a loud sigh. Why did I feel so bad about my conversation with Draco. It's not like we were still together, and furthermore he was the one who said he was done with me.

I close my eyes and throw my arm over my face, trying to forget what happened. I didn't want to remember his expression, the hurt, the anger, and above all the disappointment in his stare.

"Umm... is everything okay Leianna" I hear Ron ask causing me to jump. I hadn't heard him even come into the common room.

I lift my head and see him standing near the mess I had created. He looked from the pile of paper back up at me, "Something wrong?"

I wanted to blurt out what had happened, but a part of me knew that wouldn't be the best idea. I was dating his brother after all and how weird would it be for him to hear his I was feeling indecisive with a conversation with my ex.

"Nothing's wrong," I mumble as I lay back down.

"Oh really?"

I heard him walk towards me and I fight the urge to look at him.

"Move your feet Lei," he says causing me to finally look up.

"Lei?" I ask as I draw my feet back.

"Your name is a mouthful, it's about time you got yourself a nickname," he replies smiling at me.

I roll my eyes and lay back against the chair arm.

"So are you going to tell me or are you going to lie again," he states as he pushes at my leg.

"I'm not lying," I mumble trying to sound serious.

"Yes you are, did you forget already, you spent the entire break at my house," he states as he pokes me, "I know how to read you Lei and I can tell you are lying to me."

"We maybe I am lying because I know how big your mouth is," I explain as I sit up and glare at him, "You can't keep that mouth of yours shut."

"What are you talking about" he asks.

I sigh and roll my eyes, "You and Hermione was discussing things about me and George," I begin to explain, "Stuff that was none of your business in the first place."

"He we were only guessing!"

"I don't care, you shouldn't have been talking about other people's personal business," I yell back.

"Why doesn't it matter?"

"Well in short, Draco questioned me about it today."

His eyes go wide, "What happened?"

"Well he asked, he assumed, and then he stomped off," I sum up. I hated thinking about it, I was embarrassing.

"And why does that upset you so much?" Ron asks.

I look over at him and he was dead serious about the question. In ways I thought the same but I didn't want to dwell on it.

"I don't know," I finally reply, "Perhaps it was just I didn't like that my personal business was a topic of discussion."

Ron gives me a whop sided grin, "Maybe it's just where he was your first," he finally says making my mouth nearly hit the floor.

"How did you....." I went to ask, "Hermione told you didn't she?"