It's Love When It Burns Chapter 26 Part 1

The hallways were fairly clear as I made my way towards the Gryffindor Common Room.

A few students were hanging out, talking to each other. I ran into a couple of first years trying to play pranks on each other.

One was fixing to drop a stink bomb so I stepped in, "I wouldn't do that if I were you," I tell them.

The younger boy looked up at me half scared, "I...III..." he stutters.

I smile, "It's rather hard to get out of the robes, not to mention the professors wouldn't be too happy either," I explain causing his eyes to widen, "Best wait till you go outside."

"Thanks," he replies before bolting down the hallway.

I crossed my arms and watched as he met up with his friends and they all ran towards the staircase.

"It's a good thing you did that, I thought I was going to have to scare the bloody brats," someone says causing me to jump nearly out of my skin.

I whirl around to see Sir Nicholas floating next to me.

"Sir Nicolas," I say placing hand over my heart still panting, "You might not have scared them but you sure gave me a bit of a fright."

"You don't say?" he asks smiling, "My apologies Sweary."

He turns more towards me to where we were now in front of one another, "Where are you heading, the Great Hall perhaps?"

I shake my head, "Just making my way to the common room Sir," I reply politely.

I loved talking to Sir Nick; he always was my favorite ghost at Hogwarts, not to mention the nicest.

"I see, had a hard day did you, bet you're tired," he says sincerely.

"I am," I reply breathlessly, "How was your day Sir?"

"Fine, very fine just came from talking to the Baron," he replies with an edge to his voice.

"And how is he?" I ask.

"Same as usual," he replies with a sigh, "How is class going?"

I knew he was doing it to just change the subject.

I hide a chuckle and go to reply "Well I..."

"Leianna!" I hear my name being yelled from the staircase.

Both Sir Nicholas and I turn to see Harry making his way towards us.

"He looks like he has something to say to you," Nicholas states in a low voice, "I will talk to you later Ms. Sweary."

I nod and he floats away from me.

Once he drifts through the wall, I divert my gaze to Harry.

"Harry," I say smiling towards him.

Harry doesn't return the smile; instead he only walks faster towards me.

"Are you okay?" I ask as he gets closer.

Something about the way he looked told me this wasn't going to be a happy talk. He had a firm look on his face, and it was directed right at me.

"We need to talk," he tells me shortly as he reaches out and grabs my hand.

"Oww... Harry, what on earth."

He pulls me down the hallway and into an empty corridor.

"Harry why are you acting like this?" I ask tailing right behind him.

He still says nothing, but he loosens the grip on my arm.

He spins around and stares down at me.

"What were you doing up in the Room of Requirements with Malfoy?" he asks bluntly.

At first I could only start at him baffled. For one, how forward he said it was kind of a shock. Secondly, I hadn't the slightest clue how he had even figured out that I was with Draco.

"Harry I..." I begin but something struck me. I had just come from there, and I had not mentioned it to no one that I was meeting Draco in the first place.

I cross my arms and back away from him, "How did you know I was up there?" I ask instead of replying to his question.

I must had stumped him as well, he had the same look on his face that I had when he questioned me.

"Did you follow me Harry?" I ask as I step closer.

"As a matter of fact I did," he states not denying my accusation, "Why on earth are you meeting with him Leianna, I thought you of all people wouldn't be..."

"Harry slow down," I say interrupting his ranting, "I went to see if I can get him to tell me what is going on."

Harry looks at me confused so I continue, "I'm trying to get him to tell me what he is going through, isn't that what you want to know as well?"

"Yeah," he replies, "But not for the same reasons as you do?"

He lets out a deep breath, "Leianna, I'm trying to look out for others, I want to know what he is up to because I don't want no more people to get hurt," he explains, "You, on the other hand, are looking out for Draco."

"I don't want anyone hurt either," I exclaim raising my voice, "And furthermore, you don't know for sure if it is Draco that hexed Katie or poisoned Ron."

"Don't be so naïve Leianna," he tells me shaking his head.

"I'm not," I state defensively.

He snorts and crosses his arms, "Yes you are, your always are when it comes to Malfoy."

My temperature spiked, I was so sick of hearing him tell me that. I had taken all I could and I was fixing to explode.

"I'm not naïve Harry," I spat, "You don't know if it was him, and to be honest I don't think Draco has it in him to hurt anyone."

"You are wrong there," he stops me, "He would and he is, Leianna you need to open your eyes," Harry tells me as he reaches out and grabs my shoulders, "Draco isn't the same guy that you were in love with, he has changed, he is working for the Voldemort like his father had."

"You don't kn..."

"Yes I do know, and just like his father he will do whatever Voldemort says, even if it can cause someone to get hurt."

"Harry I will not argue with you about this," I say throwing my hands up.

"Fine, stay blind to the truth," he tells me, "Believe what you want."

I roll my eyes and go to turn but he stops me, "I'm sorry," he says, "I just wanted to look out for you."

I let the anger that had built up in my simmer. I should have known that was the reason, Harry thought he could look out for everyone.

"Just promise me you will be careful," he continues.

I let out a sigh and look up at him, "I will."

He gave me a slight smile, "I don't to want you to get hurt, okay?"

"Okay Harry."

He pulls me into a hug," I just don't want to explain to George that Malfoy has hurt his girl."

I pull away from him, "Harry will you please not..."

"Don't worry Leianna," he says before I could finish, "I'm not going to tell George you are talking to him."

I laugh lightly and look down at the floor.

"Besides you are working me to get information, right?" he asks.

I look up and nod, "Yeah, just to get information."