Chapter Seven: Surprise Gifts

-Namikaxe Compound, Training Grounds-

Naruto looked out at his new family and smiled happily. "Before we do that though, I have a surprise for some of you. Would Gaara, Shino, Tenten, Sakura, Hanabi, and last but definitely not least, Tayuya. Come over here please."

Despite the order they were called, Hanabi is the first to Naruto and hugged him excitedly. "If you want your present Hanabi-chan I'll need my arms." Naruto said and smiled at the girl.

Hanabi released him and blushed slightly.

Naruto reached into a pocket, removed a scroll, unrolled and layed it on the ground while everyone he named looked at him curiously. Naruto did a series of hand signs and touched the kanji on it which unsealed the contents of the scroll with a puff of smoke. When it cleared a moment later there were six wrapped boxes of various shapes and sizes on the ground. Naruto rolled up and pocketed the scroll.

Shino and Gaara stood there emotionless, Sakura smiled happily, while Tenten and Hanabi bounced up and down lightly and struggled to hold in their happiness. If not for the size difference you've never know Tenten was three years older than Hanabi by the way both giggled so happily. Tayuya, to Naruto's slight confusion, just stood there and stared at him in total disbelief, as if this wasn't really happening to her.

"Since it's late April and I just back last week, I missed something important... your birthdays!" Naruto said with a big foxy grin.

"I helped him Sakura, he wanted to surprize you." Tsunade said with a smile.

Sakura turned to her sensei.

"I helped too Sakura-chan." Hinata said a lil meakly.

Sakura turned quickly toward Hinata, surprized for a moment that her friend could be so sneaky. Sakura smiled and gave Hinata a lil bow.

Naruto picked up a box. "First I have a present for my demon brother."

Gaara smirked noticably, then stepped up and accepted the gift.

"Go ahead and open it." Naruto said.

Gaara opened it and removed a scroll, which he opened and read. A moment later Gaara smiled. "Thank you Naruto, you never fail to amaze me."

"What's on it?" Kankurou asked loudly, and got a light slap to the back of his head from Temari.

Gaara looked at his siblings. "It's three new Sand Jutsu."

"COOL!" Kankurou yelled, which earned him another slap to the back of his head from Temari.

Naruto picked up another present. "Shino."

In his usual quiet manner the bug user stepped up, accepted his present and opened it. Inside was a large scroll, Shino looked at Naruto and raised his eyebrows. Naruto knew that was 'Shino-talk' for a very happily asked 'is this what I think it is?'

Naruto smiled. "I talked to your parents already. Since you don't have one yet, and I sure can't use it, I want you to have this Shino. It was just collecting dust in the Library."

Shino put the box down and carefully removed the large scroll, sat it on the ground, unrolled it from both ends and scanned it quickly.

"I know what that is." Koba yelled to his teammate. "It's a Summoning Contract, you lucky dog!" Akamaru barked in agreement with his master. "We could use the extra power, which Summon Clan is it Shino?" Kiba said.

The kneeled Shino's smile is hidden by his collar. "Beetles." Shino said in his rare monotone voice. He took out his kunai, cut his right thumb, then smeared the blood on the other four fingertips of his hand, signed the Summon Contract with his fingerprints, then closed it and put it in his coat. "Thank you Naruto." Shino said emotionlessly.