Chapter Forty-One: Surprise Wedding Guest

-October 1, 2:29 PM, Namikaze Mansion-

"So you coudn't, that's... damn it!" Tsunade said, gave the 'be quiet' signal, then closed her eyes and focused her mind. In her mindscape she watched an image of Naruto appear. 'Naruto-kun, is something wrong? You usually don't contact me through the link.' Tsunade thought to Naruto, her surface thoughts carefully controlled.

'Nothing is wrong Tsunade-chan, nobody has seen you in a while, even Shizune didn't know where you went.' Naruto thought to Tsunade.

'I'm with Jiraiya... and one of the guests, she wants to work for me and we're interviewing her, that's all. I'm sorry if I worried anyone by disappearing, do you need me for anything?' Tsunade thought to Naruto, she looked calm and relaxed, but hidden from Naruto's casual view of her mind and emotions she was nervous as could be. She knew if he pushed she couldn't hide anything from him.

'Ok Tsunade-chan, we're all just catching up, trading stories about what we've done, introducing our friends to each other... want to join us, some of them want to meet you.' Naruto thought.

'I'll be there later... but I think Jiraiya would like to meet them, I'll send him out.' Tsunade thought, then opened her eyes when Naruto vanished from her mindscape. Tsunade smirked. "Naruto contacted me through our link, it's a benefit of being marked, we can talk to Naruto or Hinata instantly, we can talk to each other too, but for that we have to create a close emotional bond, it's not the same as our bond with Naruto. Jiraiya, why don't you go out and join the others... there's a lot of beautiful kunoichi out there that'd love to meet you... maybe even help you with your research." Tsunade said and almost choked on her words, she couldn't believe she'd actually just said that.

Jiraiya's eyes got bigger. "Are you giving me permission?" Jiraiya said, slightly shocked but very excited at talking to some of the ladies he'd seen, like that big woman from Snow country with the purple streaked white hair. He had another reason to see her anyway.

"Kami forgive me... just for today you can do all the research you want, but only while you're here." Tsunade said and sighed like she'd just unleashed a demon on the world.

Jiraiya grinned ear-to-ear. "Thank you Tsunade-hime, I'll see you both later, we have a lot to talk about." Jiraiya said, then carefully left the room so when he did no one saw in.

Tsunade resealed the room, sat down, got comfortable and nodded for her to continue.

-2:41 PM, Main Hall, Namikaze Mansion-

"You're a lucky girl Hinata-chan, it was a beautiful wedding... I LOVE your kimono." The girl said and smiled.

"Thank you Sasame-chan." Hinata said with a smile and slight blush.

"If you don't mind Hinata-chan... um, may I... kiss Naruto-kun to thank him for everything he's done for me and my clan?" Sasame said nervously, she was pretty sure Hinata wouldn't kill her, but the possibility was there, and if she chose to Sasame knew there was nothing she could do to stop Hinata.

Hinata was a slightly shocked at the request, but she knew that Naruto had almost single handedly saved her clan in many ways. Despite Sasame's well developed chest and being a kunoichi, she was still just a thirteen year old girl and reminded Hinata of herself at that age. "Hai... and you watch your hands this time Naruto-kun." Hinata said with a playfull smirk at Naruto.

"What do you mean watch his hands this time Hinata-chan?" Tayuya said curiously.

Naruto glared playfully at Hinata. "You just HAD to mention THAT didn't you Hinata-chan." Naruto said, then went into Tayuya's mindscape and told her the story of his mission with Sakura and Jiraiya where he first met Sasame and before he knew she was a girl had accidently grabbed her breast while trying to help Sakura heal her after she'd been hurt.