Chapter Thirty-Six: Family Friends

-August 4, 5:55 PM, Kurenai's House-

"Tayuya fell from the tree and landed on her tits Naruto, it was..." Anko said, then stopped when she heard a knock on the door. "I'll get it Kuri-chan, you just stay in the kitchen and relax."

"Anko stop coddling me, I'm in the first month, not the ninth... cooking does relax me though, so you can answer it." Kurenai said, sighed and laughed in amusement at Anko's sudden personality shift.

Hinata giggled and squeezed Naruto's hand. "Is someone joining us for dinner?"

Anko smiled, went to the door, let the last guest in and closed the door.

Hinata jumped up and ran across the room. "Hotaru-chan!" Hinata squealed as she hugged her surrogate Aunt. "Kurenai-chan didn't tell me you were coming... please join me and Naruto-kun on the couch."

Hotaru hugged Hinata back and smiled. Since Hinata first came into her store for new clothes, she'd gotten very close to her 'lil water fox' as she affectionately called Hinata. Hinata reminded her so much of Hana Hyuuga it almost made her cry sometimes. Hinata would come in three or four times a week and she'd tell Hinata stories about her mother. She followed Hinata back to the couch and sat next to her. "I've missed you Naruto-kun, you should visit me more often... twp or three times a month isn't enough." Hotaru said and pouted playfully at Naruto.

Naruto sighed in defeat, he just couldn't resist. "You win Hotaru-chan... stop pouting ok, I can change my schedule around a little... Anko-chan, how often will you need me to help you train your team?"

Anko leaned back in her chair and thought a moment. "Well your wedding is the first day of October... I know you have some tricks from Jiraiya you can show me that would speed up their training. Since my entire team lives at your place... Naruto-kun I need a favor. I respected your father Minato as much as I respect you, I'd be honored if I could train my team at the Namikaze Compound, it's perfect for sharpening their special skills."

"Hai, but we have a condition." Naruto said.

Anko was slightly confused. "We?"

Hinata leaned forward so she could see the kitchen. "Kurenai-chan, please come here... we need to talk to you and Anko-chan."

Kurenai looked at Hinata's face, saw this was important to her and joined them in the living room. "Tell me Hinata-chan, I can see it on your face."

Hinata glanced at Naruto, who nodded, then she stood. "It's no favor Anko-chan, of course you can train at our home, you only had to ask. Naruto-kun agreed to this, if you will. As a present for you Kurenai-chan, and for you Anko-chan to help you with your new team... we want to give you both the Kitsune Mark."

Anko, Kurenai and Hotaru gasped, shocked.

Naruto stood. "Anko-chan, I know you're strong, but your team has a Jounin with the two-tailed demon, a Chuunin Kitsune girl and a girl with a powerful aquatic form. You have more experience but let's face it, two of them are more powerful than you, one is almost as powerful in her other form, and within a few months all three will be. A sensei has to be stronger than the students... at least at first. If you're going to train them to be their best you have to be at least as strong as them."

Anko glanced up at Kurenai, who answered with a look. "Don't you dare tell them I said this Naruto, but you're right... I hate to admit it damnit, but I can't deny it. With Tayuya being a kitsune now I can't spar with her at her full power now... not that a little pain bothers me, but I won't be able to match her for much longer and push her limits. I can't use Yugito allthe time either, she has her own training. You can mark me Naruto, but I decide where it is, deal?"