Chapter Sixteen: The Announcement

-June 7, 11:59 AM, Hokage Tower, Ceremony Room-

Tsunade's announcment went just like they figured... it was hard as hell. Tsunade told everyone what really happened with Kyuubi fifteen years ago, how Minato Namikaze, the Fourth Hokage, was unable to kill Kyuubi so he sacrificed his life to imprison Kyuubi within his newborn son.

Most of the crowd was shocked, many were filled with panic and anger. When she told them that Naruto was that son, half were silent, the other half called for Naruto's head... until Tsunade silenced them with a yell the front of the crowd actually felt. They weren't ready to challange the Fifth Hokage Tsunade, her strength was well known to everyone, especially most of the adults who'd actually seen her in action. They also knew she thought of Naruto as her little brother and had heard the stories about her past.

When she told them that during his three years away from the village Naruto had fused with Kyuubi and basically killed it. This didn't get the expected reaction, there was an odd mix of reactions that ran the spectrum from cheers of "The demon is dead!" to "I always knew he was the demon!"

Tsunade could quiet them down, but she couldn't silence them, so she just continued. When she mentioned the wave of chakra that rippled through the village the nite before, there was quiet confusion. After a long sigh Tsunade told them that it was Kyuubi's chakra. Kyuubi was alive and once again sealed within Naruto's body.

This caused more confusion, and sent most of the crowd into an almost mob-like state. They were ready to become a full blown riot until Tsunade said a Cloud nin had snuck into the village and stabbed Hinata Hyuuge through the heart. The Hyuuga clan wasn't exactly loved, but everyone knew Hinata, she was one of the kindest people in the village, nobody disliked her. There wasn't a person in the vilage that hadn't had a bad day turned around by her smile.

When they heard this every last person in the crowd screamed for blood... the assassin's, and everyone thought that was the most cowardly act they'd ever heard in their life.

In Tsunade's office Hinata was overwhelmed, she honestly didn't realize she was so well loved by everyone. Only the Council and shinobi at the meeting knew she was still alive. Hinata cried she was so happy.

Everyone went silent when Tsunade told them Hinata's life had been saved, but only because of Naruto, and specifically Kyuubi. They didn't need to know Tsunade had a jutsu that could of saved her by sacrificing her own life, it was the only thing they'd agreed to not reveal. While the crowd reacted with mixed emotions, many people that had hated and/or feared Naruto had decided they'd been wrong, the rest were a mix of cheers and many still had a lil fear and hatred of Kyuubi.

On a signal from Tsunade part of the group went downstairs while the crowd took it all in.

With a small spike of chakra Naruto signaled Tsunade they were in place.

Tsunade quieted them down and told them Naruto's fusion with Kyuubi had some side effects they should know. His appearance had changed, but she didn't say anything specific.

With a deep breath Naruto stepped out of the tower and past his slghtly worried friends.

A wave of silence rolled over the crowd from the front to the back, many women in the front of the crowd, and a couple girls, 'did a Hinata'. Luckily all were caught by a nearby friend or family member.

Tsunade then told everyone, briefly, about some of the things he could do now, how he'd killed Orochimaru and the even more dangerous group he'd belonged to, called the Akatsuki. Then she told them of the Curse Marks... this is when Naruto's friends came forward one at a time and told their 'how Naruto saved me' story.