Life's Beautiful Garden

Verdantia Forest

Stephanie and Thanatos were running from a swarm of vicious wasps called Honeystingers when they were suddenly rescued by a mysterious lady in a green cape with a katana. After driving the Honeystingers away, the mysterious lady turned to Stephanie and Thanatos with her katana. Thanatos blocked it with his death scythe.

 "Who are you two?" asked the mysterious lady with a serious face.

 "I should be asking that question as well," replied Thanatos while pushing the mysterious lady back.

 The lady jumped away and landed on a tree branch.

 "The name is Vera. I protect Verdantia and who are you?" asked Vera before her katana glowed and turned into a golden shovel decorated with flowers.

 Stephanie and Thanatos were a bit shocked.

"My name is Stephanie and he is Thanatos. We are from the Grand Academy," explained Stephanie. Vera jumped down and hurl the shovel into the ground and a giant root emerged and brought Vera, Stephanie, and Thanatos to a grove.

"I believe you didn't come here on purpose?" asked Vera while preparing tea.

 "Nope, we were sent here because a rift opened up in the academy," replied Thanatos while sharpening his scythe.

 "Also Principal Cosmin said Verdantia had something really important that we need to protect, so please help us, Vera," explained Stephanie while helping Vera.

 "Cosmin was talking about the Transcendent of Life," Vera said sadly. 

"Transcendent of Life?" asked Stephanie with curiosity.

 "A Transcendent is a high ranked grandian in Grandia. So far they are 4 existing Transcendents and all four of them have something that they control and they are extremely powerful," explained Vera while swiftly chopping up several apples. 

"But the Transcendent of Life has been missing for years, so she is no longer here in Verdantia," explained Vera while serving Stephanie and Thanatos apples. 

"She went missing?" asked Thanatos while taking a bite of the apple.

 "Yes, Transcendent of Life, Catherine went missing years ago. It was most probably due to the spreading of the Mist of Despair," said Vera sadly. 

"What was the Mist of Despair?" asked Stephanie while writing down notes on her notebook.

 "I am not so sure about it as well but I've heard that the mist was created from grandians that are in despair and sadness," said Vera. 

"If that's the case, then the Mist of Despair is still being created until now," said Stephanie excitedly.

 "Why are you happy about it?" asked Thanatos with an annoyed look.

 "This just gave us a huge lead on Alain's plans. He must be trying to envelop Grandia in the Mist of Despair," Stephanie shouted.

 Vera and Thanatos look a bit shaken by Stephanie's conclusion. 

"But even if that's his plan, how will we stop him?" asked Thanatos while giving off a yawn. 

"We just have to defeat him. With everyone working together, it's going to be a piece of cake," Stephanie said happily.

While Thanatos and Stephanie rest at Vera's Grove, Ao arrives at Verdantia with Liana and Candace. 

"Thank you, Ao. Please return back to Unitia and let my father know I am safe," said Liana while kissing Ao's head.