Chapter 5

"Why are you so quiet over there?" Jayce asked from the drivers seat.

He was currently driving the both of us to....well I don't exactly know where he was taking us. From all my pleading, he still refused to tell me where our destination was.

"Oh you know, I'm just thinking of ways to escape from you once you decide to kill me at this unknown place." I said, sarcasm filling my voice.

He chuckled, keeping his eyes on the road, "How can I kill someone who's practically my personal library now?"

"It was one book Jayce, and you're definitely not getting anymore from me. Those books are like my babies, and if you ruin them more than your girlfriend did, I will get you." Ending my statement, I huffed then crossed my arms over my chest. I know that what I said didn't sound so threatening coming from a petite girl who can't even kill a spider without screaming, but still, those books were officially off limits if I see one little crease in the spine. 

He laughed out loud, and muttered something incoherently, that sounded like, "Cute."

Regaining his breath from laughter, he said, "So I never got to ask, how'd you manage to get away from Cameron?"

Okay, let's get one thing straight, I'm not good at a lot of things. Well actually, that's kind of a lie. Not to sound conceited, but I do pretty well in school, not that bad in sports, and I could sing a note or two.

Although the one thing I'm not good at is - lying.

Now don't get me wrong, I could definitely keep my mouth shut about how I feel about certain things, but when I'm forced to literally tell a lie to someone, I honestly can't.

So when it came down to the moment where I had to tell Cam about where I was going after the team had won the game, I told him something along the lines of, "buying groceries at Target." And shockingly, he believed me, even though I had no money to buy things and no car to get there.

How gullible can he be?

 "Really," He flatly said, and averted his eyes towards me for a second, "buying groceries won't last an hour or two."

A vibration caught my attention, and apparently his as well. I looked towards my phone, which was lying on the middle console separating Jayce and I. Gazing at the screen; I had gotten a text from Colton.

"hey alex, I just climbed up to your room, and you weren't there. you home? I need to tell you something ASAP." 

I wonder what was so important. I grabbed it, typing back a quick reply, before setting it back down.

"So what's up with you and that guy?" Jayce questioned.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What guy?"

He cleared his throat, "Uh, Colton? I think that's his name?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "we've been friends since first grade, but he was in the same kinder class as us."

"Oh right." He replied. "Are you guys like, together or something?"

I let out a laugh, "If you want to know personal information about me, I'll have to get some in return."

He sent me a look of amusement, and agreed, "Alright. How about this? We'll play a game. I ask you a specific question and you do the same, and you have to answer it, honestly. And if you can't answer the question, you owe the other person a favor of their choice, at any time they want. How does that sound?"

Hmm, this game sounded reasonable. I guess it wouldn't hurt for me to play along.

"You've got yourself a deal. So when do we start?"