Chapter 24

I was extremely lucky and grateful to have people like Colton, Parker, and Lillian in my life. All this time I had thought that they were just going to judge me and scold me for my wrong doings, well Lillian kind of did, but aside from that tiny fact, they helped me out. To my utter shock, I had no idea that Parker would go along with something like this. All this time I had thought that this would be too tough for him, since I’ve been hearing all those rumors going around school, saying how he had developed some sort of feelings for me. But I decided against asking him about it, to avoid the awkwardness of that conversation. I mean if he truly did like me, then he would’ve said something before he agreed to my little scheme.

On the other hand, I wasn’t at all surprised by Colton’s opinion about all this. Of course, he wanted me to go along with this just so my feelings for Jayce would subside. His hatred for Jayce still confused me, I mean, what could he have possibly done to be hated so much by a boy who can’t even hurt a fly.

The school day had just ended, so as of now I was on my way to my locker, to discover Miles leaning against it, with his hands shoved into his pocket.

I stopped right in front of him, with raised eyebrows, “Can I help you?”

He lifted his head up, his eyes meeting my own. By his posture and actions he seemed – nervous.

I gestured for him to step aside, and he did as told.

Putting my textbooks onto the built in shelves, I sideway glanced at him, “Are you just going to stand there?”

My voice seemed to take him out of a trance, and he shook his head quickly, ridding himself of his thoughts, “We need to talk, somewhere private.”

I sneered at him, “So are you past the whole, ‘not speaking to me in public’ thing?”

He sent me a cold look, grabbing hold of my wrist, “Don’t be a bitch about this, it’s bad enough that I have to ask for help from you.”

Instead of responding, I let him drag me to the isolated part of our school, where there were no students or teachers wondering around.

I leaned against the wall, crossing my arms over my chest, “How may I assist you?”

Looking over his shoulder, he adjusted the one strap of his bag, while his other hand stayed in his pocket, “Has Lillian talked about me lately?”

Rolling my eyes, I groaned, “How would I know if she hasn’t even told me about your pasts together?”

“Sorry,” He replied quietly, “I just-, I don’t know. She means a lot to me, and it’s killing me how she just brushed me off like that, no girl has ever done that before.”

“Well, she’s not like any other girl you’ve went after. Besides, aren’t you with Quinn? Does she know anything about this?”

His eyes widened, “Hell no! I can’t have her knowing about my feelings for Lillian.”

I glared at him, “Of course you can’t have her knowing that. You and Jayce are exactly alike! Just because a girl doesn’t have such a high status in this school, doesn’t mean you can just hide how you feel about her! You two are just sick, you know that?”

It’s one thing that Jayce did that to me, but to have the same exact thing happen to my best friend, that’s just wrong.

About to storm off, I was halted by a strong grasp on my arm, “You’d actually think that I would do that to the girl that I love? You really must think that lowly of me.”

“Well can you blame me?” I retorted.

He shook his head; “I don’t want her knowing because I don’t want Lillian to get hurt in any way by Quinn. I mean, you saw what happened when Quinn thought that you and Jayce had a thing together, you got milk poured all over you, I don’t want anything to happen to her.”