Chapter 14

I closed up my notebook, finishing the last class of the day.

Finally, thank the Lord in heaven above.

Everyone rushed out of the classroom, heading out towards the parking lot of the school, eager to get of here as fast as they could.

I walked over to my locker, stashing away the unneeded textbooks. Closing the door gently, I turned around, only to bump into what felt like a rock hard wall. Looking up, I found myself staring into intimidating crystal blue eyes. A scowl placed itself on his face as he set his gaze on my petite body.

"Look who it is," He crossed his arms over his chest, scanning my figure up and down. I tried going around him, but he continuously stepped in my path, "It's rude to walk away when someone is talking to you Alex."

"So you finally got it into that thick head of yours that my name isn't 'stalker girl'," I fired towards him.

He chuckled bitterly, taking steps my way, causing me to take steps back, "Huh, I never thought that I'd live to see the day that Alex Simmons would actually grow a backbone."

My eyes scanned the almost vacant hallways, in search for someone to notice how uncomfortable I was, but to my dismay, no one came to rescue. Although, there were students lingering in the halls, but they probably didn't have the guts to stand up to a guy like Miles.

I hitched my bag strap onto my shoulder, getting even more uncomfortable that he hadn't moved yet, "Can you please move?"

He grinned, "Oh, so now you want to be polite?"

I huffed, purposely nudging his shoulder whilst walking away from him.

"Hey, wait!" He said just before I stepped out the front doors.

I whipped around and snapped, "What?"

"What's that red head's name, that you always hang around?" He questioned, with a certain glint in his eyes.

I furrowed my eyebrows, my mouth slightly agape because of his peculiar behavior, "You mean Lillian?"

A look of recognition flashed across his face, "Right."

Why did he want to know? No wonder he wasn't as harsh to me, he just needed to know information. But why about Lillian? What did she have to do with anything?

His hands were shoved into his pockets, as if hiding something from me. I noticed that he was looking around, probably not wanting to be seen talking to someone like me. Figures, even if him and Jayce seemed completely different, their actions begged to differ.

He instantly stood up straighter, clearing his throat, acting all "tough" and what not, "Well, run along now. You don't want people thinking that you're stalking me now, right?"

I glared at him, "You're a jerk."

"Like I care, " He scoffed.

I quickly walked out of the school, instantly spotting Jayce leaning up against the bumper of his car. Perplexed at my confusion about how he managed to get his car here when he told me he was going to ask a friend to take us to his house, he added, "I had one of my dad's associates drop off the car earlier." He shook his head as if getting rid of the thought, "Besides the point, what took you so long? I've been waiting here since school ended."

"I was a bit preoccupied. And didn't school end only 15 minutes ago?" I questioned.

"Whatever, just get in the car and let's go." 

And here we go with another mood swing.

I opened the door to the passenger seat, and hopped in.