Chapter 29

It’s been at least a great amount of days since Cameron last spoke to me. Once I entered the house and tried to speak to him, all I’ve gotten was the cold shoulder. I tried to ask J.C for some advice, but all he told me was that there was nothing that could be done, and to just leave Cameron alone for now.

So much for family sticking together.

As of now, I was standing by my locker, awaiting for Colton to come out of his last class, since I’ve been trying to make amends with him for almost a week. The bell rang signaling the end of school, and that’s when I spotted Colton coming down the hallway.

“Colton!” I called out, getting his attention.

Once he saw me, it was visible that his face dropped. Pushing past me, he quickened his pace towards the front entrance of the school.

I immediately caught up with him, clasping a hand onto his shoulder, “Oh, so you’re ignoring me now too?”

My voice quivered as I basically pleaded for him to talk to me.

He turned to me, and his angry expression was instantly wiped away, and he let out a sigh of weakness, “Of course not.”

I breathed out in relief, as he flashed me a small grin, “I’m sorry for acting like a douche ok? I know you wouldn’t understand what went on between the two of us, but I’ll try to be civil, just for you. Is that what you want?”

“Well is that something you’d be ok with doing?” I questioned.

He though about it for a moment, before nodding and placing his arm around me, “For my best friend – yeah sure.”

I embraced him with my arms tightly, “Thank you Colton!”

“What would you do without me?” He said rhetorically, squeezing me just as tightly.

Pulling away from him, I sighed, “So, enough about Jayce and I, anything special going on with you?”

By the sound of this his cheeks immediately flushed with color, and a sheepish smile placed itself on his face, “Well, there may be someone special in my life right now.”

“Lillian, right?” I smirked, knowing full well that it was her.

  His eyes widened, and the tips of his ears matched the color of his face, “You know about that?”

“Uh, duh,” I replied, chuckling a bit, whilst walking down the front steps of our school with him. “So is there anything going on between the two of you?”

He shrugged his shoulders once, pursing his lips, “I want there to be, but sometimes I feel like she could be a bit distant towards me. But there are feelings there, I know it, I could just feel it with her. The way her face lights up whenever I walk up to her, or the way she smiles whenever I give her a simple compliment, I know she must like me in some way. Although, I just can’t help but think that there’s something in the way.”

More like someone Colton.

And by someone, I mean Miles, who is still pestering Lil with his attraction towards her. But what is super annoying is that she’s leading both guys on without letting one of them down, which makes me feel even more bad and might I add, guilty, for Colton since I know about both guys, and I have no intention of giving him a heads up for it. As his best friend, I feel that I’m obligated for to do so, but it’s not my secret to tell.

“Well, I wish you the best with her Colton, I really do,” I said genuinely. “And if you two don’t work out-“

“Why wouldn’t we work out Alex?” He interrupted.