Chapter 18

Jayce

My God, I feel like I'm taking care of a child.

As soon as I witnessed Alex finish that hash brownie, I immediately rushed over to her, making her take a seat on the couch.

It was not too long before that Parker joined me. Shocker.

"What's going on?" He asked, a look of concern flashing over his face.

I sighed and was about to explain to him the situation, when Alex just began laughing all of a sudden. Narrowing my eyes, Parker stared at her as if she was crazy, "Did you drug her?"

"What? No!" I ran a hand over my face, "Miles and Quinn gave her drinks, she said she was hungry and then she found and ate a hash brownie that was on the table over there."

Speaking of the devils, they both sat down on the couch in front of us, "This just got better." Quinn smirked, "I wonder what drug induced Alex is like, if the drunk version of her is this fun, I'd love to see how she us under the influence of that brownie."

I glared at them both, "Alex would never take more than at least two drinks willingly. What did you put in the drinks you gave her?"

"You guys must've done something to make her want more," Parker chimed in.

Miles shrugged casually, "We didn't do anything, and you really think that we'd stoop that low to drug her? Give us some credit guys, we're not that bad."

As our conversation continued on, Alex would continuously sway back and forth between Parker and I, rambling on about that green drink that she wanted more of. 

"Well then why would she take any type of drink from you guys?"

Quinn looked smug, "Persuasion."

"Persuasion in what? Cut the crap Quinn. What do you expect us to tell her brother when he sees her like this?"

I shot Parker a look, "We can't let Cameron see her this way! He'll kill us!"

He simply brushed me off, and turned back towards the terrible two, "What did you say to her?"

"We told her to let loose for once, of course she didn't listen at first. Although when we mentioned Jayce, she was all ears." Quinn snarkily replied, leaning back against the couch.

Parker seemed to be paying full attention now, "What did you tell her about Jayce?"

Miles sighed amusingly, "All we said was that Jayce went for girls who took risks and were daring. Once those words came out of our mouths, she downed that cup of beer and asked for more."

At that moment, I felt something fall down onto my lap. Brunette hair covered some of jeans, I moved the strands away her face, and she just lay there peacefully in my lap.

"Crap," Parker muttered. "I'll go get her some water, Jayce lead her outside to your car, and we'll take her home."

I agreed, lifting her up easily into my arms. I went out the backdoor, leading to the backyard to appear inconspicuous to the rest of the party, especially from Cameron, who I prayed wasn't outside to see his unconscious sister in my grasp. To my surprise, the couple that was arguing before were still there. They noticed me walking out, and as they came closer, their faces became clear, Lillian and Colton.

"What the hell happened to her?" She demanded, looking worriedly at Alex's limp body.

Colton glared at me, his jaw clenched, "What did you do to her?"