Chapter 31

“Good luck today Alex, with the whole Jayce thing,” Cameron said as we both got out of his car for school.

It’s only been a day, and the whole space thing would start now. Obviously since I wanted to avoid Jayce as much as possible, I forcibly made Cam get up earlier just so we could leave the house 10 minutes earlier than Jayce would’ve arrived, if he even came.

I thanked him before heading towards my locker where Lillian was waiting patiently.

“How are you?” She questioned, as I began to shuffle things around in my locker.

I haven’t seen her since the sleepover on the weekend. “Fine.”

I could tell she didn’t take my one worded response seriously, “Ok, so you’re not fine. Do you want to talk about it?”

I let out a bitter laugh, “Nope, I don’t need to talk about it.”

“Well it looks like you’re gonna have to,” She said in a matter oh fact tone.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her, “Why?”

“Because I’m here and I want to talk to you,” I didn’t even need to turn around to identify that voice.

Wanting my anger to be known to him, I slammed my locker shut, startling a few students passing by, “I’ll see you after class Lil.”

I stormed away from her and the devil, only to be followed by the one person I didn’t want to speak to, “So you’re not speaking to me, I kind of predicted that. But I’m not the only one who said the wrong thing yesterday, we’re both the bad guys in this fight Alex.”

“You more so than me,” I replied unwillingly.

I saw his grin, “Well that didn’t last very long.”

I glared at him, and was about to enter the classroom, when he trapped me against the wall. I tried to side step him, but being the football player he is, it wasn’t difficult for him to copy my steps. Quickly, I became frustrated with him and crossed my arms like a child, “Move Jayce!”

He stubbornly held his ground, “I’d rather stay like this. We need to talk about what happened yesterday, and you can’t constantly avoid this.”

I scoffed, “I’m not constantly avoiding this, it’s only been a day.”

“Exactly, and it shouldn’t last any longer than that. This is a stupid fight about –“

“I don’t need you to tell me about what that fight was about. I’m done talking about this. Goodbye Jayce.”

I turned my back on him and entered the classroom, not even letting him say a word.

It was difficult to avoid someone like Jayce for the whole day at school, with the constant pestering ways in between classes, and piercing stares I could feel pointed towards the back of my head. The last bell of the day rang, dismissing us from this horrid school day. I was the first to jump out of my seat, since Jayce was in the same class as me at the time. I heard my name being faintly called as I pushed past people, earning a few pointed looks and glares. But as I got near an intersection in the hallway, I noticed two people leaning against my locker, where I had to store some books away before leaving for home.

They seemed to be in an interesting conversation, which involved Miles clutching Lillian’s hand, and her with a bashful grin on her face.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t see this coming, because some part of me did. But witnessing Miles give googly eyes towards my best friends was something that didn’t sit well in my stomach. They looked happy though, genuinely happy together. I noticed some girls give them the stink eye as they walked pass them. So Lil chose Miles, I’m afraid to see Colton’s reaction.