Chapter 37

There's nothing that beats that gut feeling you get when you're about to confess something you've worked so hard on keeping from everyone else.

"There's more to the story about Will and I." I revealed.

He raised his brows at me, "Please explain."

I sighed, "You might want to take a seat for this."

He carefully seated himself down on the fresh grass, placing his crutch on the ground, and patted the spot beside him, indicated for me. I saw down criss-cross applesauce, or Indian style if that's what most people call it, and let out a quivering breath. By the sound of my nervousness, I felt his hand engulf mine with his warmth, "It's ok, you don't have to tell me right now."

"Yes I do, if this relationship is going to go anywhere, I need to tell you now before I lock it up again."

He reluctantly nodded, and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb, "When you're ready."

I closed my eyes, and went back to the moment where my thoughts on all nice guys took a full U-turn. Who knew nice guys could turn into a complete nightmare?

"I didn't just meet Will when we started high school. Remember in 8th grade when we took that field trip to Hartwell High?"

He nodded in response.

"There were other schools there, and Will went to one of them."

"I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, trying to rub the water I had just spilled on some random stranger by bumping into him.

He chuckled, "No, really it's fine. It's just water, it'll dry."

"I- Uh- I-I'm still sorry." I stammered.

He grinned at me, showing off a cute smile, "No worries. I'm Will by the way, and you are?"

I shook his out reached hand and shyly replied, "Alexandria, well everyone calls me Alex. People think that Alex is just a boy's name, but I personally like names that go well with both genders, it's kind of unique, yet over used in several teen novels. Although I-"

I was cut off by the sound of him chuckling, "Your rambling is cute."

I immediately blushed, which didn't go unnoticed, "You want to, maybe, I don't know hang out with me for the rest of the day?"

"But after lunch, we're suppose to go back with our groups to finish off the tour."

He smirked mischievously, "Yeah, but who says we have to follow the rules. So are you in?"

I thought about it for a moment. Even though I've only known Will for a few minutes, he seems like a really nice guy, what's the worse that could happen anyways?

"I'm in."

"How did I not know any of this?" He questioned. "When I found-"

I put up a hand; interrupting him, "Let me finish."

He rolled his lips inside of his mouth and gestured for me to continue.

"So we ditched the whole tour and just hung out by the library together. We'd walk through vacant hallways and such and just talked about anything that came to our minds. It was spontaneous and amazing. It was everything I wanted, but with the wrong person."

He furrowed his brows, "What do you mean?"

I sighed, "You'd have to be stupid if you didn't notice my unbelievably huge crush on you during grade school. Pretty much everyone knew besides you. I guess I just felt so happy being with Will at that moment, he kind of filled the void that was supposed to be for you. But hey, we were 13-14 year olds, I knew not much would happen, so I never had my hopes up."