Chapter 9

His face.

I know it's a weird thing to think about, but his face just... bothered me. And not because it was all bruised and what not, it was his expression. Usually when guys were seen in public with a black eye, or broken nose, they'd play it off like it was no big deal, or brag about how they got it. But lately I've heard that whenever someone brought up the question, as to how he got his bruised cheek and split lip, all Jayce would do is scratch the back of his neck awkwardly, and make up some excuse about having to go. And it's not like I could just go up to him and say, "Hey what happened to your face?" Even though most girls and guys did, but him and I haven't been on talking terms.

And it's not like I could ask Parker, because I never had the chance to see him since his little conversation with Jayce lasted longer than I thought. Every time I'd try to bring it up with him, all he would do is immediately change the subject. That talk they had was on Wednesday, and now it's Friday.

Two days.

Two stupid days that consisted of nothing but secrets. Secrets that no one would bother telling me. Colton still has yet to speak to me, and for sure I will not make the first move since to me this whole fight was his fault, so if he's the one waiting for an apology, then good luck buddy. 

On the other hand, it's a bit amusing seeing him and Lillian basically attached by the waist every day. They looked happy, genuinely happy together, I have never actually looked at them this way, but now that I could actually see how they would look together, it's not at all weird.

"Hey sweetheart, are you even listening to me?" I blinked away the blurriness of my vision, and noticed a hand waving back and forth in front of me.

"Sorry Parker, I just zoned out a bit." I muttered embarrassingly.

An amused smile covered his face, "You really need to stop doing that. There could be some sort of fire and everyone could be yelling and saying directions, and you'd be sitting there staring at who knows what, thinking about you know, some cute guy you have a crush on."

I smacked his arm playfully, "Just so you know, I don't have a crush on anyone, alright?"

"Denial," He said in some sort of song like tune.

Currently, we were sitting on the bleachers in front of the football field, and it was about an hour and a half before the game actually started, then after that, the most amazing and super fun carnival!

Note the sarcasm.

"Whatever," I muttered, "Anyways, shouldn't you be getting ready for your game tonight? I don't want to be blamed for making you guys lose just because you didn't do any pre-game rituals or anything like that."

He replied, leaning back, "No worries Alex, unlike Cameron who has to wear his lucky underwear to every game, I have no pre-game ritual. And besides, if the team needed me, they'd call me, and as of now I don't hear anyone calling my name."

As if by coincidence, I heard someone calling out from a distance, "Parker!"

Our heads turned at the sudden voice, which seemed to belong to the spawn of the devil... I mean Miles. He came into view standing on the field, with a scowl on his face, "Adams, coach has been looking all over for you!"

I noticed Parker roll his eyes, he yelled back, since we were seated at the very top of the bleachers, "Well you know there's this thing called a cell phone, which people use to contact each other and it's pretty popular these days!"

I giggled at his sarcasm, which seemed to bother Miles.

"If I knew you were with stalker girl, then I would've taken up your offer on using a phone. But being the good friend I am, I took it upon myself to find you. Anyways, why are you with her?"