Chapter 7

I know people say running away from your problems is bad, but screw what people are saying right now. Most of my body was covered in milk and I didn't want to stick around for more humiliation. I pushed through the girl's bathroom door, and leaned against the counter. 

I took deep breaths, staring back at the girl in the mirror, she looked like a mess. Her hair was currently dripping milk onto the marble counter, the sides of her tear stained face had little droplets of the dairy product and her shirt looked a bit damp matching her jeans. The girl in the reflection looked so weak and so helpless, as if nothing in the world could bring a smile to her face. I felt completely and utterly bad for this girl. Yes, she had friends who loved her and would always be there for her, but the one person she wanted there for her - was there, although to her, he was nowhere to be found. And unfortunately, that girl in the mirror, is me.

Hearing the bathroom door squeak open, I quickly started wiping away the tears and milk stains on my face, clothes, and hair. Even though I'm pretty sure by now, everyone in the school has already heard of the milk mishap in the cafeteria. A voice that I was so shocked to hear echoed throughout the bathroom, "Now that's not what I want to see."

From the reflection in the mirror, I noticed Parker leaning against a stall door with a towel and hoodie in his hand.

"Well next time someone pours any type of liquid on me, I'll make sure to prepare for it." I said sniffling, while wiping away any sign of me crying on my face.

He took a few steps closer to me, staring at me with sympathy, "I don't want to see such a beautiful girl like you looking like this. You didn't deserve any of that Alex."

"Apparently Quinn thought otherwise." I replied, rubbing my arms awkwardly.

He then handed me the white cloth towel in her hand, which I used to dry myself up.

"You're not supposed to be here Parker. This is the girls room, if you get caught, chicks will freak out."

He waved me off, "It's alright, no one is going to care. Plus, you need someone right now, and as your new friend it's my job to care about you."

I gave him a small smile. He then took a lock of my hair between his fingers, and examined it firmly, scrunching up his nose in disgust. He sighed and crossed his arms over his chest, "She's a real bitch."

I let out a laugh, "No kidding."

"Don't worry though, she got what she deserved." He said with a sinister smile.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What exactly do you mean by that?"

He smirked, "Well after you left, Colton and Lillian started yelling at her, than I joined in, and Jayce was trying to break all of us apart. So he pulled Quinn away, and led her away from us, not knowing that you left a puddle of milk in the middle of the walkway, so as she walked towards it, she sort of slipped and fell on her ass in front of everyone."

I giggled at his little story, "Even though that wasn't as worse as what she did to me, I'm still happy that she made a fool out of herself. Serves her right."

Finishing up drying up my hair, I handed him back the towel, and mumbled a quiet thank you to him.

"Don't be thanking me yet, I know this may not be quite your style, but it'll do for now to cover up your damp clothes." He handed me the hoodie in his hand, which he was wearing back in the cafeteria.

I quickly shook my head, "I can't take this, you've already done enough for me Parker. And what if people think... the um wrong thing when they see me come out with your hoodie on."