Chapter 38 - Epilogue

• Dedicated to all my readers who have stuck by me from the very beginning

I really hate waiting, especially if you were asked to be somewhere and the person who asked you to be there aren’t even there yet.

“Where are they?” I asked in frustration, sitting down on one of the uncomfortable row of chairs in this crowded airport. “They told us to be here 45 minutes early for their flight, and they’re not even here, and it’s their flight!”

My boyfriend sat next to me and draped his arm over my shoulders, “Sweetie, you need to relax, their flight is in half-an-hour, they have plenty of time to get here.”

“Alex, you just need to chill.” Colton said as he walked up to us eating a Toblerone.

I raised my brows at him, “Did you really buy that?”

He nodded as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, “Yeah, we’ve been here before you guys, so I got hungry.”

As I was about to reply, from my peripheral vision, I noticed Parker coming our way with a plastic bag filled with magazines.

Sometimes I question if I really know how peculiar my friends are.

“What’s with all the magazines?” Jayce asked out of curiosity.

Parker shrugged, and sat down next to his best friend, “We’ve been here for awhile, so might as well catch up on my Hollywood gossip.”

“I wonder if that is why you don’t have a girlfriend,” Jayce commented, snickering at the US Magazine he just pulled out.

Parker simply flipped through the pages and placed right ankle on his left knee, “Say more stuff like that and Alex will end up without a boyfriend.”

I laughed at my boyfriend’s wide eyes, and ignored Parker’s comment as Miles and Lillian came our way hand-in-hand.

“What’s up guys?” Miles greeted, giving Colton one of those man hugs.

That may have been odd months ago, but over time Colton and Miles have been working on how they feel about each other – in a non-platonic way.

The weeks that occurred after Mr. Michaels’ funeral, Colton returned to school, looking exceptionally better; physically and mentally. The subject of him and Jayce rose out of the grave once he stepped foot in the halls of Hartwell. Everywhere and anywhere you walked, you’d see people inconspicuously whispering to each other, not so incoherently. When he came back, I know that Colton feared facing Lillian, Miles, and even Parker. With all the damaged he had done, I’d be afraid for him as well.

Eventually he approached us, with the many persistent attempts of me trying to convince him that they were just worried about him. The moment he came up to our lunch table, Lillian immediately wrapped her arms around his neck, with teardrops in her eyes, rambling on and on about how sorry she was for him and his family, and how she was even more sorry about being the worst friend possible.

Colton did forgive her, and genuinely apologized to Miles for beating the crap out of him. They’re actually starting to become great friends. Even though it’s still a bit difficult for Colton to get used to the idea of Lil and Miles together, he kept on reiterating that he was ok with it and that it doesn’t bother him anymore.

The couple stood in front of us, Miles shoving his hands into his jean pockets, “So where’s the happy couple?”

I leaned my elbow on the arm of the chair, and blew out locks of my hair that fell onto my face, “I wish I knew.”

“Well how are you feeling about this Alex? I never got the chance to ask you that, since Cameron bombarded this big news on us just last week.” Lil said, giving me a comforting smile.