Chapter 8

It's funny how people think that once you're in school, time drags on, when in reality it actually goes by pretty quick. Unless, you have something bothering you, that never seems to go away in your head.

A week. It has been a week since Colton and I got into that fight, well, it really felt like a month. But he has yet to talk to me since, which I don't understand because he was the one insulting me. Plus, he was also the one who just burst out in anger, for no apparent reason I may add. And if there is a reason, then I wouldn't know because Colton had stooped so low, that he resulted in avoiding me for the whole week, which also meant that Lillian was torn between us two. But being the good friend I am, I let her spend most of her time with Colton, since they had their little "project" together, which by the way, I did not believe one bit. And it's not like I've been avoiding him as well, our literal paths in school just never collided, how coincidental.

Colton rarely gets upset with anyone, especially me. The only time I actually saw him genuinely pissed and upset was the day he found out that his dad landed in coma due to a drunk driving accident, back in freshman year. The night before, his father went out and apparently was hit with a car being driven by a person who was heavily intoxicated. Thank God that the paramedics were called right away though, because his dad wasn't in such great shape. I saw on the news the next day that the driver who hit his dad, was underage at the time, and had another passenger in the car with him, no names or photographs were revealed though due to the privacy of both families.  But ever since that incident, Colton's father had been stuck in the hospital with tons of operations being done on him.

Although, it may seem like I've spent a whole week wandering the halls all by myself, but fortunately I was lucky enough to have made a new friend. 

Surprisingly, I've been spending an immense amount of time with Parker. I know it's peculiar and all but, I don't know, it was actually fun spending time with him, just us two. He was fun, sweet, and it seemed like we had been friends for years. There's just something about him that I can't really put my finger on. Parker Adams is just, someone special.

Okay, but before all of the little assumptions, here's one thing. I don't tend to have crushes or feelings for people unless I really get to know them. Yes, there was a slight chance that I might've felt that way about Jayce after our talk at the lake, but I just assumed it was because we had a little moment together. 

As for Parker, I don't know, there are times when I think I have feelings for him, when I don't, and those times where I just love hanging out with him. Having him as an actual friend makes me feel genuinely happy. I mean, he was a real friend. Not like everyone else who only talked to me for Cameron's attention, number, or address.

It's really strange to think that just a few months ago, Parker and Jayce didn't even acknowledge who I was, unless they needed an answer for a question on a test, or a pen to borrow. And now  look at us, I've found a close friendship with Parker, Jayce has been occupying my mind for who knows how long, and my best friend isn't even speaking to me. 

I've been trying to get my mind off of Colton for who knows how long? Those times where I actually saw him coming my way in the halls, I'd immediately turn the other direction. I don't know if I was the one doing the avoiding, or maybe I just don't want to know the horrid truth of what happened between my best friend, and a boy who I barely even started talking to, who makes me feel like I'm different than everyone else.

Speaking of Jayce, he hasn't been looking or acting the same since the last time I saw him. Usually whenever I'd pass him in the halls, he would make eye contact with me and give me a small but genuine smile. I'm not saying it means anything, but it was a nice gesture that I highly appreciated.