Chapter 20

The bell rang, indicating that class was now over. I scurried back, making sure that Lillian and Miles knew that I wasn't eavesdropping on their conversation. That revealing conversation was... something.

I hurried towards a more crowded hallway, to get away from them as quickly as possible, when I bumped into someone.

I looked up muttering an apology, my eyes widened when I realized who I had just bumped into, "Oh, hey Jayce."

He sent me a small smile, "Hey, it looks like you've seen a ghost, what's wrong?"

Should I tell him about Miles and Lillian? Or should I start off with the fact that Quinn's little brother is giving his brother a beating everyday?

Erm, how about neither?

I coughed awkwardly, trying to ease myself to relax, "I'm fine, its just that, there's been a lot of things on my mind."

Which wasn't a complete lie.

He nodded, buying it, "Ah, I see. Well I was wondering when our next project session would be, it's due in a few weeks, and I feel like we haven't done a lot of work on it."

I agreed and set up an available date for the both of us at his place. I was excited to see Emily once again, she was such a sweetheart. But that meant that I would see Jacob, to be honest I felt bad for the kid. He didn't want to tell Jayce about his daily problem, which got me worried. And I mean, what 14-year-old kid wanted to wear makeup everyday?

"Alright, so Saturday is fine with you?"

I nodded, "Yeah, at noon."

He grinned, "Great."

He was about to walk away, when I spoke once again, "Jayce, there's something I've been meaning to tell you."

His head turned to face me, and we locked eyes, "What is it?"

I was about to open my mouth to say something, when someone else beat me to it, "Jayce!"

Strutting down the hallway with her silky and shiny hair, Quinn came up to Jayce in all her glory, "What are you doing? Don't talk to people like her, let's go."

She clasped her hand onto his wrist, and practically dragged him towards the cafeteria since it was now our lunch period.

I scowled at their retreating backs. It pisses me off how she still controls him even though they weren't together anymore.

But hey, Jayce and I actually had a conversation in public, without him being so embarrassed about it; I'll take what I can get!

Adjusting the strap of my bag on my shoulder, I made my way towards the cafeteria, my mission: satisfying my hungry stomach.

I got into the back of the line, patiently waiting for my turn to get my food. As I approached the counter, I grabbed a container of fries, a soda can, and a small salad before paying for it and headed towards my usual table, with Colton, Parker and Lillian. For some reason, I did not want to see her right now. I am still not recovering from what I had found out just a few minutes ago. I still can't get over the idea of her and Miles.

I mean really, Miles? Out of all people? Come on Lil, was she blind when she first met him? And poor Colton. I could tell he really likes her, but she did say that she had Colton now, but, you know what, I don't even know anymore. My brain hurts trying to comprehend all this.

"Alex," A waving hand broke me out of my thoughts.

I blinked a few times, "Sorry, I uh, I'm just thinking."