Chapter 13

"So we're on for Friday?" Lillian questioned, as we stopped by at my locker.

I put in my combination, and opened up the metal door, gathering the books I needed for our next classes, "Yeah, you're driving obviously."

She nodded agreeing, "It's about time we catch up on things. I feel like we haven't spent time together in ages."

"Well, things came up Lil." I shut the door, and we walked side-by-side to the next class.

"Things beside the fight you had with Colton?" She asked with a slight smirk on her face.

I obviously knew what she was referring to.

"I know what you're thinking, and no, nothing aside from that little spat with Colton."

She laughed, "Are you sure that nothing else distracted you? Or should I say, no one else? Such as, I don't know-"

"Jayce Reynolds." I said simultaneously with her.

I shook my head, laughing at her predictable words.

She held up her hands defensively, "Hey, don't blame me for assuming things. Don't think that I didn't see you two on the ferris wheel at the carnival. I'm surprised you two didn't have a romantic cliché moment where you ended up kissing once you got to the top."

Our conversation was cut short when the bell rang throughout the halls.

We said our quick goodbyes, and I entered the English Literature classroom, taking my usual seat by the window. The desks in here were built for two people, but unfortunately I didn't have a desk buddy like everyone else.

I scanned the classroom with my eyes. Another downside of this class is that Quinn was in it, as well as Miles. They were sat in the back, but instead of Jayce in his usual seat, it was Miles. Which reminds me, where is Jayce?

"Alright class, lets settle down." Our teacher, Mr. Davis, set his things down onto his desk, and began to explain what we had to do today.

"So today we're going to begin our semester projects, which will include an oral presentation to be done in front of the whole class, and a paper which is to be typed, 2 pages, double spaced. This project is about Shakespearean plays. You'll have to pick one play written by Shakespeare, it could be a comedy, tragedy, any one of those. Pick a scene and perform it in front of the class. Then you two will have to explain what the characters are trying to say, and what the real meaning of the play is about. And for those eager students who want to know if this will be done individually or with a partner, this project will be done with a partner."

I could just hear the little cheer from every person around me. Of course having a partner is great and all, but I preferred doing projects alone.

He was about to continue on his explanation when the door opened, revealing a very tired looking Jayce. His forehead shined against the fluorescent light, and it seemed that he was trying to catch his breath.

"Mr. Reynolds, do you have a late slip for me?" Mr. Davis said, putting his hand out.

Jayce shook his head, "I'm sorry sir, I didn't have time to get one."

"And why is that?" He asked.

He then gazed around the classroom, his eyes landing coldly on someone in the back, "Because I was too busy trying to get to school on time. Miles was suppose to give me a ride to school, but I guess he forgot."

Mr. Davis brushed him off with his hand, "I don't need to hear about your personal problems Jayce, just take the open seat next to..."

His eyes quickly averted towards me, "Alexandria."