Chapter 10

"Shouldn't you go check on him?" I questioned Parker, who was still relaxed on the bench.

He slowly shook his head; "I can never get through Jayce when it comes to his relationships, especially if it involves Quinn."

I looked towards where Jayce had run off to, contemplating if I should go after him or not. Yet, I didn't want to leave Parker all by himself.

"Alex," He said as if he was some suspicious parent.

I turned to him, with a smile on my face, "Yes?"

"You can go after him. It's alright, it's not like we're on a date or something. We're just hanging out as friends, and you're sort of, you know, Jayce's friend. So maybe you'll get through to him, you can go." He flashed me an assuring smile.

I thanked him, and went off searching for the boy who just dumped his girlfriend. As I walked around the carnival grounds, I looked around every tent, game stand, and ride, yet I still couldn't find him.

Sighing, I stopped in the middle of my trail, growing frustrated at the fact that I couldn't find one person.

I wonder how he was feeling right now. I mean he had just broken up with Quinn, which seemed to be something he was planning on doing for a while. But Quinn, she seemed to take it, really... weirdly. First she kind of blew up in his face, then she acted like a clueless, but then she acted like they still had something to talk about. I honestly don't even know how Jayce put up with her for all this time. But what I really wonder is why Quinn decided to cheat on him with Miles. I mean, out of all people, she chooses the spawn of the devil to exchange saliva with. But to be honest, they really do seem perfect together. They both have bitchy attitudes, personalities of a real housewife, and both seem to make my life miserable, so there's that step in their relationship.

I groaned out loud, getting frustrated with myself. Doing all that thinking just made me think of where the hell Jayce was.

"Let me guess, you've been looking for me?"

I jumped, startled by the familiar masculine voice. I turned around to see Mr. Jayce Reynolds sitting on a wooden bench, although the weird thing was that he wasn't even looking at me. His eyes were set on the ground below him.

Taking a seat on the bench, with a normal amount of proximity between us, I said, "You do know that I've been on this bench for the past 20 minutes, and in that time you passed by me like five times." He chuckled softly.

I covered my embarrassed face with my hands, "I guess I was too distracted in finding you, that I didn't really look in front of me."

Running a hand over his face, he replied, "Sometimes people have things directly in front of them that they don't even notice because there always seems to be something in the way of it."

"Is there a hidden meaning to that?" I asked amusingly.

Not answering my question, he leaned back against the bench, letting out a deep breath. Maybe now was not the time to joke around with a guy who just broke up with his bitch of a girlfriend.

I took a nervous glance at him, "Are you-"

"Don't give me your sympathy." He interjected.

"I-I was just going to ask if you were feeling okay. I know it's a stupid question to ask, seeing how you look so sad as of right now." I said with hesitation, not wanting to hit another nerve. 

He blinked a few times, and hung his head down, "I shouldn't even feel this way about the break up, you know?"

I replied with pure honesty, "Actually I don't know, the whole reason why you did it is a bit fuzzy to me."