Play Ball

Alice was practically jumping with joy as she got dressed in her baseball uniform. Every time a thunderstorm happened she and her family had the opportunity to play baseball, it was the only time they could be blocked out. Looking in the mirror she let out a giddy giggle, her excitement noticeable in her wide smile, and bouncing steps. Placing her hat on her head she pranced downstairs.

She and the rest of her family had just got back from hunting, and it was finally dark. During her search for a deer, she'd kept her senses out for any sign of the tigress and her cub. Sadly she didn't find anything, and in the back of her head, she hoped they were safe. It was starting to rain, and she knew the thunderstorm was close. Her family greeted her downstairs, everyone dressed for the game. Emmett had the widest grin; outside of Alices, he was the second one in the family that got this excited about baseball. Though, Emmett's excitement might be because he's quite competitive in any game. Rose stood beside him, that usual straight-face look, though in her eyes you could tell she was ready to play.

"Time for some Baseball!" Emmett howled out before he dashed out of the house.Rose shook her head, a smile on her face as she followed after him, the rest of the family not far behind. Deciding to team up in cars Rose, Emmett, and Alice drove the Jeep while Esme, Carlisle, and Edward in the Volvo. Alice got in the back while Emmett drove, Rose in the passenger seat.

Emmett giggled like a schoolgirl as he revved his Jeep before speeding off, his vehicle more suited to the terrain than Edwards Volvo. He drove into the woods, where a small bumpy road was hidden by the tree line. It wasn't facing their house, but it was a distance away from town. They reached the clearing in no time, they came here often, it was the only spot that has enough space for them to mess around.

Jumping out of the cars everyone got ready, Edward laying down the bases while Alice started warming up; even if she didn't need it. Once it was set up the field resembled a baseball stadium's layout, minus the fact that there was no audience. Taking the pitcher's plate Alice got ready to throw the ball.

Per usual Emmett and Rose were on opposite teams, Edward, Rose, and Alice were on the same team while Jasper, Carlisle, and Emmett were on the other. Alice was always the pitcher, on the opposite team it was Rose. Emmett stood at the bat, Esme slightly behind him off to the side, he was bouncing in place.

Alice smiled, shaking her head as she pulled her arm back and arched her leg, her hand releasing the ball as she moved her upper body forwards. A loud bam echoed through the clearing as Emmett hit the ball head-on, a clash of thunder following. This was why they had to play during a thunderstorm, it was the only way they could mask the noise they make. The ball flew by Alice, though just as Emmett made it to second base he was struck out as Edward blurred in front of him. Emmett grumbled as he walked back home, Jasper taking the batting position. Alice prepared to throw the ball again but the movement behind Jasper caught her attention.

The ball slipped out of her hand as she darted forwards, her arm wrapping around the giant fur-covered beast. The tigress purred, vibrating Alice's body. Mewing caused Alice to pull back, the small cub nuzzling from between the mom's legs. Alice bent down and picked up the cub, her smile growing as she gave it a kiss on its head.

"Hey little lady, and big mama, I didn't think I'd see you guys again," she said as she sat the cub down.

The tigress chuffed, practically bumping into Alice as if it was making fun of her. Alice laughed, before turning around towards her family. They were all watching from their positions, no one daring to move. It was funny, seeing nervous vampires.