Chapter 13

* 3 months later *

Everyday I wait, everyday I pray, everyday I cry.

For Jason.

He said he would come back, he said he wouldn't forget.

I miss him.

But I heard that gunshot.

God why have you done this to me?

Everydays the same here at the hostel, we wake up, clean ourselves, socialise and sleep and then repeat...

For 3 months I've been doing this I count the days down,

waiting...

I sing sometimes, it reminds me of the qualities he had, his voice, his creativity, his everything.

"Theres nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me. Together through the storm"

I sing that every night, and pray afterwards.

"You have a visitor Amber"
jade mumbled with a smile on her face, I liked Jade, I've really made a connection with her since being here. She's the only one I trust really

she looked after me, she's like a big sister I guess.

I walked down the stairs to see my counsellor sitting in her usual red chair, she greeted me with a smile and quick hug. She's here to try to make me remember my past but she doesn't know that I never forgot my past and never will.

"Hows your day been then Amber?" She questioned.

"Good, just the usual" I mumbled

"Ah, anything more in your dreams?"

"No.., just him" I whispered

She didn't know about Jason, I called him Justin instead and pretended that I don't know who he was, just my dream boy I told her. I really liked the name Justin, I'd heard it in the past but I just can't put my finger on it.

Anyway I made him up as
You know what teenage girls are like with everything, fan girls and all.

"Okay Amber, I'll be back tomorrow. As today I've got a busy day" she said as she was already at the door running out.

I heard the door open, it was probably the counsellor collecting her folder or something. I carried on going up the stairs, my back towards the front door. But then I heard something.

A voice.

A familiar one.

Sparks flied inside when I heard the voice singing

"Bless me with a second chance, never thought I'd see your face again"

I turned around almost instantly but nobody was there, nobody.

No Jason, no nobody.

Sometimes they say you get mental illnesses if your locked away for too long

I continued walking up the stairs when I heard a voice.

"I never forgot you" the voice mumbled, it was Jason it had to be.

"Jase?" I whispered and turned around, facing the front door now.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, it had to be Jason.

It was Jade.

UGGGHHH.

"You looked happy but when you saw me your expression changed, am I that ugly?" I laughed at her reply.

"No, no your not" I justified but couldn't help laugh

We both fell on the stairs in laughter because I had a snort to my laugh and it drives Jade insanely happy and hyped.

Jade then pulled her arm up to itch and I saw something.

'ALEX'.

The word was CARVED inside her arm, Alex.

There's only one Alex I knew.

"Whats that?" I pointed to her arm and as she looked down she quickly pulled her sleeve back up and panicked she ran up the stairs and down the hall

She was a lot quicker then me.

She was still insight so I shouted

"A..Alex Mccann"

She stopped running.

And turned and looked at me.

She looked really angry.

"MY ALEX" she screamed and ran towards me, she had something in her hand, something that glimmered as she continued running at me.

A pocket knife

I was so scared, was she going to kill me?

Where was the staff?

And how on earth did she get that knife?

Suddenly I heard a gun shot and when I looked up Jade was on the floor.

Dead.

I turned around and someone picked me up and threw me on their back.

This has happened before.