Chapter 69

AMBERS POV {continued}

I walk into our spare room.
not our.
the spare room.

I pick up a couple clothes, pick up my phone and go through some of Jason's draws.

He must have something, some money, something I can live off...

I scramble around the room - under the bed, through the cupboards.
I then walk into the ensuite and remember how Jason would hide some weapons in cupboards incase of emergencies.

I raid the first cupboard I see; about 7 guns, two grenades and all different kinds of knifes lie right before my eyes, I throw everything from the cupboard into this rucksack I had found. Along with some clothes and undergarments.

I was ready to go.

I ran through the corridor, feeling better then I had in ages, I was finally going to be free..or so I thought.

I was running that quick that I missed a few steps and nearly tumbled out of control, I then rushed into the kitchen and grabbed a lot of food from any cupboard I could.

I then went over to the fridge and threw in water bottles, fizzy drinks and alcohol too.

As I was walking out, my eyes spotted Jason's wallet and keys on the side of the kitchen shelf, I couldn't help myself.
I checked his wallet and there infront of me was all his credit cards and a stack load of cash.

I looked at his keys and thought id be nice so I only took the key to his black range rover.

I smiled, content with myself.

happily skipped out the kitchen and began unlocking the front door with the rucksack over my back.

I heard Jason's bedroom door unlock and with that I walked out and slammed the front door shut - making sure it was extra loud.
I ran for Jason's car and got in, threw the rucksack over into the backseats and then started the car.
As I began reversing I saw Jason pull open the front door, I watched him through my side mirror as I raced out of the driveway.

He didn't look upset.
He didn't look shocked.
He didn't even look bothered.
He just looked how he always did - broken and confused.

I rolled down my window and waved my hand as I drove away.

Next stop; Las Vegas.