Chapter 42

I dashed for the front door.
I ran down the stairs, missing a couple of steps on the way.
'Aye' someone was shouting from behind me.
I couldn't make out who it was.
I carried on running and finally came down to the door.
But it wasn't opening.
It was locked.
I had no keys because me and Jason only needed one pair and that was somewhere in the house.
I hear someone running down the stairs so I instantly get behind the sofa for cover and crouch down.
My arms are still bleeding and whoever came down the stairs knew where they were going.
I bet I left a trail of blood.
Damn.
'A-Amber' the voice stuttered
I knew this voice.
But I also knew it wasn't Justin or Alex's.
'R--Ryan' my voice blurted out without me even noticing.
I feel foot steps run near to me. I see the masked face but next thing I know he's taken it off.
And then I see Ryan.
He still looked the same.
'R--Ryan, you came for me?' I asked slightly scared.
'Yea, I came to check on you, I didn't want to be noticed so I dressed like this and put black contacts in' he smiled.
I smiled back and instantly stood up.
I hugged him tight and didn't want to let go.
Even though Chaz was always there for me, Ryan was more of a joker but I honestly don't believe he's came to check on me.
'Whats that' he pointed referring to my cut arm.
'Oh er nothing' I mumbled and hid my arm behind my back.
He tutted and left the room but came back in with a green carry case.
A first aid box.
I instantly burst out laughing when I saw it.
He looked at me confused but then started laughing himself.
'I do know something you know, I studied medicine and health at Stanford'
I was shocked then.
He opened the box and poured some water onto my cuts, he then wrapped them gently with bandages and motioned his hand towards the door.
'So where can I put my stuff' he asks looking down at a massive black suitcase.
'Oh erm, third door on the right' I say.
He grabs his suitcase as I lead him up the stairs.

RYAN'S POV:
I grab my suitcase as I walk up the stairs behind Amber.
Where's Jason?
'Hey Amber, where's Jase?' He asked.
She paused and looked down. The house grew silent.
'A--amber..'
I see tears falling into the carpet
I'm not really your average lover boy who comforts the girl.
That's more Chaz or Justin.
So I just repeated her name again.
'H..he's gone ry' she whispered.
I could just see her back so I patted her lightly not knowing what to say!
Was Jason dead?
He can't be.
Jason is that super-fly, cunning and evil kid that everyone secretly looks up too.
She carried on walking up the stairs and walked down the hallway and opened the door next to her own room.
She walked in and sat on the bed.
I dropped my suitcase and sat beside her.
She popped her head on my shoulder.
I started stroking her hair slowly.
I could feel drops of water down my arms.
She was crying but not only on the outside but inside.
Had she done him a funeral?
'So have you erm done the funera--'
Her facial expression cut me off.
She had lifted her head to look at me but her expression was unexplainable, she looked angry, upset and traumatised all in one.
'He's not actually dead' she mumbled, it was a loud mumble.
'Then what is ha--'
She cut me off
Again.
'Hes in a coma, but I don't think he's coming back' she whispered.
'Dont say that, I've known cases where people have been gone for years but still come back to life'
She threw her face into her hands.
'Years..' She screamed.
I nodded slowly and rubbed her arm.
'We should get some sleep and visit him tomorrow' I said walking up to my suitcase.
'I don't want to' she replied
'Dont want to what?' I asked, I wasn't really concentrating, I think I've lost my phone.
I quickly remember its in my pants pocket.
I quickly grab it and look over to Amber.
I think she was waiting for me to look at her because when I looked up she was staring straight at me.
'I don't want to see--Jason tomorrow..everything's too much' she said and stood up and started straightening the duvet.
Her hair was in a bun and she had a scar on the back of her neck.
'JM'
Jason.
It wasn't recent though because it was really faded but I do have eagle eyes so I definitely noticed it.
I kind of drifted into thought of Jason.
Me, Chaz and Justin were best mates but Jason would always tag along. Chaz and Jason got along a lot better then I did but I still respected Jason. He was an intelligent and lovely kid but when their mum walked out everything kind of went wrong with the whole family. Justin kind of drifted away from Jason and Alex and went into music and Jason had nobody to turn to except Alex so he followed him and turned into a monster.
In my opinion I think Jason is more capable of damage then Alex.
Jason and Justin totally drifted and the family divided when they found out Justin had stayed in contact with Pattie all that time.
Kind of messed up.
But we've all had our fair share in crime, but unfortunately failed almost every time.
Being a criminal is hard.
But being 'Americas biggest criminal' tells you something.
That guys got skill and he's more then just a criminal.
He's a bomb waiting to tick.
I unlocked my phone and went onto to photos.
I went into my sub-folders
'Oldies'
I click on it and every time I swipe across and new memory arose, forgotten ones.
The atmosphere totally changed through every swipe.
I missed the old days.
I missed what we had.
And I know if Jason does die, he'd want someone to protect Amber...he was always a ladies man even as a kid, I remember when I used to see him on the playground trying to pick up girls with his skills, even all the older girls loved him.
Same with Justin.
Must have ran in the family I guess.
There was one picture I had though, that I would never look at.
It was of Jason and Justin.
They were both really pissed off for different reasons so when I was about to take the photo I called their names and they looked up in sync.
But I saw something.
That told me, they're not normal.
Black eye colour in their eyes.
Both of them.
The photo always scares me, so I daren't look at it ever.
And never will.
I switch my phone off and look around. Amber had fallen to sleep on my bed.
Great.