Chapter 9

"You'd think it would be easy finding a T-Rex Dinobot," Patchy grumbled.

"Well, this planet is big."

"Not as big as Cybertron," the smaller mech replied as he stepped into a mud puddle. Exclaiming in disgust he did his best to shake the mud off, "And we didn't have to deal with this planet's weird things."

"I know, this planet has some really weird stuff."

"I mean what's the point in those tall brown and green things? They're just in the way."

"From what I understand it provides a way of life of some sort to the planet's inhabitants, it's also known as a food source for the animals."

"I guess. Do you think Amberblade is okay? I thought she was coming with us."

"Eh, maybe Ripjaw held her back to give her another punishment for leaving Shadowrunner."

"Maybe. What do you think he could be doing?" Patchy asked with a small hint of excitement.

"Not sure. What do you think he's doing?"

"I would say throwing her against the wall in his Dino form."

"Yeah, or cutting her up with his claws."

"Or slamming his tail on her back."

"Or chewing her up like a chew toy."

Patchy giggled softly if only he could see it.

"If only we could have stayed to watch it," Diamondback stated.

"Yeah, but I don't want to be on his bad side. Best to look for this guy while he's punishing Amberblade."

"But where can we find him?"

"I don't know."

"Well, let the hunt begin then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grimlock was looking at the mountains as he headed back to the scrapyard with Bumblebee. He wasn't sure of what to say after the other day when he interfaced with him.

"The mountains are beautiful on this planet," Bumblebee spoke, "I really like the ones with snow, they look so pretty."

"I've never seen one with snow before."

"You haven't? Well, maybe Denny has a picture of one."

"Or we could go to one," Grimlock suggested.

"Or we could do that."

"When would you like to go?"

"How about when we get back to the scrapyard?" Bumblebee suggested.

"Sure, but shouldn't we be on the lookout for Ripjaw and his group?"

"Do you want to see the mountains or not?"

"Yes."

"Alright then. Don't always be so worried about Ripjaw."

"I'm sorry. He just scares me and I'm scared that he may hurt you or the others."

"Stop worrying so much, you need to learn to relax."

"OK."

They get back to the scrapyard and Bumblebee arranges to take Grimlock to one of the snowy mountains. The Ground Bridge activated and the two walked through it. Grimlock shivered when he felt the cold air.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, it's just cold."

"Exactly why I was just gonna have Denny show you a picture. We can't stay for long as the cold can affect our systems if we're exposed to it too long."

"I guess, but I'm sure I would have asked to go see one in person afterward."

"That's true."

Grimlock saw something moving around in the snow and wanted to take a closer look. As soon as he took a step he slipped and fell on his back, "Are you alright, Grimlock?" Bumblebee asked trying to keep from laughing.

"Yeah, I'm okay," he replied as he sat up, shaking the snow off.

"Good. What were you looking at?"

"I saw something moving in the snow. It was really small and it had these long ears."

"Sounds like it may have been a rabbit."

"OK, I'm suddenly glad I slipped."

"Yeah, if you hate cats you'll really hate rabbits, they're so cute and adorable."

Grimlock shuddered, "I don't see why you think that. Their eyes are so big and they keep staring at you," he explained. He was talking about the cat but he was sure the rabbit was the same way.

Bumblebee chuckled, "But they're just so adorable."

"If you say so," Grimlock shuddered. Bumblebee just laughed. Grimlock scooped up the snow making a small snowball. When he was finished it had a few lumps in it but other than that he had made his first snowball.

"That's pretty good, Grim."

"Thanks. Do you want to build a snowman?"

"Did you really just take the reference from Frozen?"

"Sorry, it just came out like that," Grimlock chuckled with embarrassment.

"It's okay, Grim," Bumblebee said with a chuckle. "But sure I would like to build a snowman."

"Sweet. I'll start on the base," he replied as he started making his snowball bigger.

"I'll work on the head."

The two worked on the snowman for the afternoon, and by the time they were finished, it was already sunset. "We better head back before our functions freeze over," Bumblebee said as he started shivering. Grimlock walked over to Bumblebee and wrapped his arms around him to help him keep warm.

"Thanks, Grim."

"You're welcome, 'Bee."

:: Soundwave, we need a Ground Bridge back to base. :: Bumblebee commed and not too long after the request, a Ground Bridge sprung to life just a few feet from them. They went through to the scrapyard.

"Are you still cold?" Grimlock asked as they headed to the Energon shack.

"I'm warming up."

"That's good," the Dinobot replied as he picked up a cube.

Bumblebee picked up a cube as well, "Did you enjoy the view of the mountain?"

"Yep, it was really neat and I had fun."

"Good, I'm glad."

Grimlock drank his Energon, he was happy to spend the day with Bumblebee. Bumblebee drank his as well trying to think of something he could say. "Do you think there's going to be a storm tonight?" Grimlock asked as he looked at the cloudy sky.

"Either that or it's just overcast."

Grimlock looked at the sky with worry, hoping it was just an overcast. He didn't like it when it would rain, "Don't worry about it," Bumblebee told him in hopes to cheer him up.

"Alright. Would it be okay if I stay with you tonight?"

"Yeah, sure."

Grimlock just smiled as he drank his Energon, happy that he could stay with him.

"What shall we do next?" Bumblebee asked after they finished their Energon.

Grimlock blushed as he thought of something, "Um, could we... interface again?" He asked quietly.

Bumblebee looked at him a bit surprised then smirked, "You liked that, didn't you?"

Grimlock just nodded.

"OK, we can do it again."

The two headed towards Bumblebee's quarters. Grimlock was excited and nervous at the same time, he was excited that they were going to do it again. However, he wondered if they would take off all of their armor as well.