Chapter 15

Grimlock lays beside Bumblebee thinking about what they had learned about Ripjaw and Amberblade. If they managed to get one of them then the other would go into a rage to get whoever was captured back. They'd have to get both of them at the same time, and he had an idea on how to do just that, "Bumblebee, you awake?"

"Yeah. What do you want?"

"I may have an idea on how to get Ripjaw and Amberblade."

"What is it?"

"I was thinking maybe I could try to lure them in by joining them. I could tell you where their base is and you guys can come in, and we get them at the same time," Grimlock explained feeling proud for coming up with a good plan. "It's a good plan, right?"

"No, that is a bad plan."

Grimlock tilted his helm in confusion, "How is it a bad plan? I thought it would be easier since Ripjaw's trying to get me to join him. Also, I've really thought about this."

"Because you're talking about going into his team. What if it's a trap?"

"I can handle myself, and it's me that they're going after."

"To use you to get to the rest of us."

"Why would he use me to get to you guys? What's the point in that?"

"Maybe he wants to manipulate you and turn you against us."

"Bumblebee, I would never turn on you or the others," Grimlock told him feeling a heaviness in his chest. "Do you trust me that little?"

"It's not that, you just get confused easily and a bot can pull a fast one over you if you don't know what's going on."

Grimlock sighed as he sat up, Bumblebee was right.

"Grim, I'm not trying to sound mean, I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I know, I just wanted to help you out as I did with Diamondback."

"I know you do and that was a nice idea you had there."

"You just don't want me to get involved."

"I'm not saying that."

"Then how can we get Ripjaw and Amberblade?"

"I don't know, but we'll have to figure something out because I know we can't get them one at a time as the other will do whatever it takes to free the one we captured."

"That's what I was thinking too. We need to get both of them."

"Yeah. Well, we'll figure it out later, we need to get some sleep."

With a nod, Grimlock laid back down wrapping his arms around Bumblebee and holding him close. Bumblebee snuggled against him as he went into recharge.

"Good night, 'Bee," Grimlock whispered as he fell into recharge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later, Grimlock and Bumblebee were on patrol, keeping a lookout for Ripjaw and Amberblade, "We should split up to cover more ground," Bumblebee suggested.

"OK, if either of us runs into Ripjaw or Amberblade we call for backup?" Grimlock asked, he was worried for Bumblebee's safety. I hope we don't run into either of them.

"Yes."

"OK, should we meet back in thirty minutes?"

"Yes, in this spot in thirty minutes."

"Will do, see you in thirty," Grimlock called as he headed in another direction.

"Alright," Bumblebee called back as he headed in the other direction.

Neither of them knew that they were being watched from the shadows. Amberblade smirked as she silently followed Bumblebee.

Bumblebee was walking along looking for any sign of the 'Cons when he heard a noise. Jumping out from the shadows, Amberblade pounced on Bumblebee, pinning him to the ground. Bumblebee tried to get her off him but to no success.

"You're coming with me," she growled as she tossed him into a boulder. Bumblebee grunted as he fell to the ground then everything went dark. Amberblade squeed to herself as she picks up the knocked-out Autobot. Ripjaw's going to be so happy when he sees this. She thought happily as she dragged Bumblebee back to base to show Ripjaw, "Ripjaw!" She called out once she got there.

Ripjaw slowly walked out of his room with a yawn, "What is it, Amberblade? Did you find some Energon?"

"Nope, even better," she says as she shows him Bumblebee.

Ripjaw's optics widened in shock, "Where did you find him?"

"In the woods, he was walking around by himself."

"You idiot," he growled softly. "The Autobots never go anywhere by themselves!"

"He was alone, I didn't see any of the others."

"Just because you didn't see them doesn't mean they aren't somewhere close by watching!" He roared.

"The Dinobot was there but he went in another direction, and if any of the others were there they would have attacked me to save him and not hide in the shadows."

"The Dinobot was with him?" Ripjaw asked in an eerily calm tone. Bumblebee slowly awoke with a soft groan, trying to get up he found himself tied up.

"Yes. I know you would rather have the Dinobot but I saw the lieutenant here as easy pickings!"

Bumblebee looked up to see Ripjaw slowly getting closer to Amberblade, "Easy pickings?" He asked as he mimicked her.

Amberblade looked over at Bumblebee, "Oh, you're awake."

While she was distracted Ripjaw raised his servo. SLAP! Bumblebee flinched as Ripjaw hit Amberblade. Amberblade held the side of her face plate as Energon started dripping from Ripjaw's claws, she had a look of surprise on her face before she turned to look at Ripjaw with a scornful look. "Do not look at me that way," he warned, "By bringing him here the Dinobot will follow his scent which will lead him here!"

"So what do you suppose we do!?" She hissed at him through clenched dentures.

Ripjaw transformed and stomped on Bumblebee, "Get rid of the problem," he growled as he lowered his jaws to Bumblebee's chest.

Amberblade just left him to his work as she went to find something to help stop the Energon leaking out. I can't believe he hit me. I thought we were beyond that... I thought he loved me.

Bumblebee kept his optics on Ripjaw's large fangs, "And we actually thought you cared about her," he suddenly said.

Ripjaw looked at him, "That's none of your concern, Autobot!" He growled at him.

"You made it my concern when you hit her," the Autobot countered.

"If you must know I do care for her, but she made a stupid decision."

"That doesn't give you the excuse to hurt her like that. Hasn't anyone told you that it's not nice to hit a femme?" He asked as he glared at the Spinosaurus.

"I do what I want with whoever I want."

"Is that what they told you when you joined Thunderhoof's old gang?"

"I've heard enough!" Ripjaw growled before he slammed Bumblebee against a wall. Bumblebee let out a pained yell as he fell to the floor before he went unconscious. Ripjaw took Bumblebee out of the base to put him where the Dinobot could find him so he wouldn't come snooping around the base.