Chapter 24

Grimlock groaned softly as Fixit tended to his wounds. He looked over to the others who were lucky to get away with a few scrapes and bruises. Wheeljack stood next to Arcee as Ratchet fixed up her arm, "Is her arm gonna be alright, doc?" He asked.

"Yes, just don't use it for anything for a while. And don't call me doc."

"I'm gonna take care of you, help you out and everything," Wheeljack said as he carefully hugged his mate.

"I know you will," Arcee chuckled.

"You're gonna be alright, Grim, I know it," Bumblebee said trying to comfort his lover.

"I know, it just hurts really bad," Grimlock winced as he jerked his leg away from Fixit by accident.

"Grimlock, don't move."

"Sorry, Fixit," he mumbled as he put his leg back.

"We shouldn't have charged them knowing he was in heat, just made him more aggressive."

"Yeah, and Razorclaw told us that it would happen too. We probably should have waited until his heat cycle was over."

"Yeah. Well, we'll give it a few days then try again."

"It'll take about a month or two until Gimlock's leg is fully healed," Fixit put in which made Grimlock groan in frustration.

"Why do they have to keep going for my leg?"

"That seems to be the most vulnerable spot to get at to take you down."

"Wouldn't that be the same for everyone?" Grimlock wondered.

"Pretty much, but mostly with tough bots like yourself."

"I always thought they would go for the head, it's what they do in the movies."

Bumblebee laughed, "Don't believe everything you see in the movies, Grim."

Grimlock chuckled, "Ok, 'Bee."

"How are you feeling, Soundwave?" Razorclaw asked his mate as he sat beside him.

"Just a little sore. I'm sorry for worrying you," Soundwave spoke softly.

"You're my mate, I'm naturally gonna be worried."

Soundwave smiled as he took his mate's servo in his.

"I love you, Soundwave."

"I love you too, Razorclaw," Soundwave spoke as he sent a wave of love through the bond. Razorclaw just smiled as he sent a wave of love back.

Grimlock watched the two wishing he could have a connection like that with Bumblebee, "Is something on your mind, Grimlock?" Bumblebee asked him.

"It's nothing, I just wish we could have a connection like Razorclaw and Soundwave."

"I'm sure we will one day."

"Yeah."

"Speaking of connections, I haven't seen Steeljaw or Strongarm in a couple of days."

"They've been in their quarters for the past few days and Nightback has been staying with Shockwave. I believe one of them has started their heat cycle," Fixit replied as he handed Grimlock an Energon cube.

"Strongarm has," Razorclaw spoke up.

There was an awkward silence for a moment, "Ok then, best not bother them," Bumblebee replied.

"Most defiantly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ripjaw groaned as he started to wake, his neck was throbbing from when Grimlock had bitten him. Amberblade was up already and had her armor back on, she comes over with an Energon cube and hands it to him, "How are you feeling?" She asked him.