Chapter 30

Months had passed and seasons had changed. Grimlock's leg is completely healed now and he is able to move around more. He and Bumblebee had grown closer and gotten used to being bond mates now. The bots had finally come to trust Ripjaw and Amberblade and they all started getting along. The time was approaching for Amberblade to have her sparkling, she and Ripjaw were staying in a cave they had made as their new home, "How are you doing Amberblade?" Ripjaw asked after they woke up while he was holding her close.

"I'm alright," she replied softly as she nuzzled him lovingly. Shortly after she groaned in pain, "Or not," she whimpered.

"What's wrong?"

"The sparkling just kicked really hard," she chuckled as the pain started to go away, "Don't kick so hard," she scolded gently.

Ripjaw chuckled, "You had me worried. Just think we'll be having this sparkling in a couple of days or so."

"I still can't believe that we're going to be parents soon."

"Me neither, I honestly never saw myself as being a father."

"I'm sure you'll be great. Besides, if we need any help we can ask the Autobots. We have to make sure the sparkling is kept away from the water, sharp rocks, and the cliffs. Ohh what were we thinking living here, this place screams danger," she looked around fearing for her child's safety.

"Don't worry, our little one will be just fine."

She snuggled closer to him, "You're right. We still need to think of a name."

"Yes, we do."

"Our little femme is going to have the best name ever."

"Yes. But what will fit her?"

"What do you think of Ashfang?"

"Sounds fitting."

"I'm glad you like it," she purred.

"I think it's a great name," a voice came from the entrance of the cave. Ripjaw let out a growl as he placed an arm around Amberblade protectively, "Easy Ripjaw," Thunderhoof said as he put up his servos.

"I didn't expect anyone coming," Ripjaw said as he started to relax.

"Sorry, I wanted to see how you two were doing."

"Then that's what it'll be, Ashfang."

"How's Emberwing and Metalsound doing?" Amberblade asked, she liked the young Predacon, she had a lot of energy but she was really sweet.

"They're both doing good. Metalsound is almost fully recovered and Emberwing has been helping me look after her."

"That's good, I'm sure she can be quite the handful at times, but I'm glad she's helping look after her mom," Amberblade said with a smile.

"She can at times. So, how do you feel about being a father?"

"I'm still really nervous."

"I know just how you feel, I was really nervous about Emberwing's birth."

"Really? I don't remember you being nervous about anything."

"Well, there's a first for everyone."

"I guess you're right. Should I be prepared for anything?"

Thunderhoof goes on telling him what to look for.

"I just hope I don't lose my temper," Ripjaw replied, fearing that he might accidentally hurt his sparkling.

"I'm sure you'll be fine, and if you need any help just give us a call," Thunderhoof smiled.

"We certainly will."