Chapter 33

Day 11 Friday:

Dan's P.O.V

We sat in the hospital waiting to hear the bad news. We knew there was no way that my Dad would survive this. We sat on the cold benches staring at the floor. We looked up when we saw the doctor approach us.

"How is he?" My Mom asked while tears started to build up in her eyes.

"He is stable for now, but he will not survive. He has about 2 hours left. You can go see him and say goodbye now." We both nodded and followed the doctor to my Dad's room. When we entered the room my Dad was lying on the bed, it didn't look like my Dad only the charred remains hooked up to multiple machines.

When we entered the room he turned his head slightly and tried to smile.

"Hey Dad." I said walking in and sitting on the chair next to his bed.

"D-Dan." He tried to speak but he was in to much pain.

"Dad you don't need to say anything." I said smiling warmly at him.

"Sweety why don't you go ask the doctors for more pain killers?" My mom asked me and I nodded as I left.

I wandered around the hospital for a while looking for the doctor I eventually tracked him down.

"Um excuse me I am Mr.Howell's son, my Mother wants me to ask you if we can have anymore pain killers for my Father." He looked at me and then nodded.

"Come with me." I followed him to the pharmacy and he handed me some pain killers. "He can take 5 of these." I thanked him and left.

When I got back to the room I saw Mom sitting next to Dad in the bed and I smiled I was happy cause it looked like he was trying to laugh. I walked in and grabbed the glass next to my Dad's bed and filled it with water. I handed him the water and 4 of the pills.

"Thank you Dan." My Dad said taking the medicine. I smiled at him and sat down. We all talked for a while, it was about 1 hour later when we heard beeping from the ECG machine.

Next thing the doctors came rushing in.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" My Mom shouted.

"Please leave the room or stand back." They said very calmly.

"Dad?!" I shouted as a sea of people surrounded him.

"Dan.. I-"

"WE NEED A DEFIB NOW!" One of the doctors shouted as one of the nurses brought a defibrillator into the room. I looked over at my Mom she had tears pouring out of her eyes.

"Dan I-I am so sor-" My Dad said before his heart stopped.

"1,2,3 CLEAR!" "1,2,3, CLEAR!" They did that for 2 minutes before calling time of death.

My mom and I sat outside of the hospital trying to process what had just happened, my father died because of me. It's all my fault, I should of told my parents when I found out I was gay and that was 10 years ago... I feel so bad. If I had just told my parents earlier in my life my Dad would still be alive.

"I'm so sorry Mom..." I said turning to face her.

"For what?" She looked at me confused before wiping the tears off her face.

"If I had told you and Dad when I first found out this wouldn't have happened... I am the worst son every!" I said that and left.

I went home and packed 2 jeans, 2 plain black shits, I was going back. I left a note to my mother.

"Dear Mom.

I will be back in 2 days. I have gone to sort something out. I know it is irresponsible to leave you when we just suffered a lose but I need to do this cause if I don't I am scared that I will do something stupid. Please don't contact me unless I contact you.

-Love Dan..."

I walked to the train station and bought a ticket to London.

*Time skip to London- I am lazy*

I walked out of the station and put my hood up, I didn't want anyone to see me. What if I run into Phil? I ignored this thought and carried on walking. I soon stopped at a Starbucks close to our home, I know it is risky but as long as I keep my hood up and don't draw attention to myself I should be fine. Phil barely comes here anyway... I got my coffee and sat down staring out the window at the apartment, i missed it so much but I cant go back... not yet. I am not ready.

I was distracted when a young girl stood up and called her friend.

"PHIL!" She waved at the boy with black hair and blue eyes who just walked in. Shit its Phil. He can't notice me. I pulled out my phone and started playing crossy road pretending to get really mad.

"Hey Y/n" he sounded depressed and sad. They sat down behind me and I started to eavesdrop. I felt bad but I needed to know how he was.

"Phil what's wrong?" she asked him while handing him his favourite coffee.

"Well I slept in Dan's bed last night again, I just miss him so much. Ever since he left I have been sad."

"I understand Phil, it wasn't fair that he just left like that without giving you time to explain." WAIT DID HE TELL HER. I stood up really fast and ran out that door earning weird looks from everyone inside.

I started running back to the hotel I was staying at and I had a feeling someone was following me.

Phil's P.O.V

"what's up with him?" I asked y/n as that man ran out the door.

"i don't know, WAIT DO YOU THINK HE WAS EAVESDROPPING?" she sounded scared\

"well if he was we need to find him and ask!"

We got up and followed him to the hotel. The next day we are gonna question him....

Hey Guys! A LOT went down in this chapter! Hope you enjoyed!