4

"I love you guys so much." I sobbed as I squeezed Monica and Aaron. "You'll have to visit soon."
"We love you too Anna. So much." Monica cried.
"Flight 206 to Los Angeles, LAX is boarding. Please make your way to the gate." I sobbed into Aaron's chest as he softly pushed me off of him.

"I'm sure we'll see each other sooner than you think." He smiled. I went to my mum last, hugging her.
"Thank you so much. Thank you for trusting me. And please move out as soon as possible." I cried on her shoulder.
"You need to go now Anna..." She whispered as she stepped back. I picked my bag up that Aaron brought me and turned around, wiping my face and walking away. Towards the gate. If I turned around again, I knew that I wouldn't be able to leave. I breathed out slowly as I handed over my ticket.

"Have a nice flight." The lady smiled as she handed me back my ticket. I smiled back as I walked down the corridor, walking onto the plane and finding my seat. I sat down next to the window and breathed out a shaky breath as I said goodbye. A little girl sat next to me and she looked at me confused. I smiled at her and wiped my eyes as I looked out the window.

"Don't cry. I'm sure you'll see your family soon." She patted my leg and I swear I nearly broke down right there, as the plane took off.

I dosed off and woke up when the plane had landed. It was virtually empty and I wondered why no one had woken me up. I got up frantically, grabbing my bag and rushing off the plane. There was a flight assistant waiting for me.

"Ah, you must be Annalise?"

"Anna. But yeah..."

"Come with me, we were told not to disturb you."

I smiled. It was probably my little friend. She took me to the baggage claim and I waited for my bags.

"Thank you for the help."

"You're welcome." She smiled as she walked off.

I found my way to the taxi pick up place and got in the first one I saw. I gave him my new address and he sped off.

"So, you're new to LA?" he asked.

"Yeah... a new start for me. Do you know the area where the apartment is?"

"Yeah, actually. It seems quite quiet and it's very well kept. It's quite close to the beach as well so that's good."

"That's good." I smiled.

"We should be there in about 10 minutes." He said, looking at me in the mirror.

"Ok, thanks." I smiled back.

"We're here!"

"Wow. It's beautiful here." I said, looking up at the tall buildings.

"Mhhmmm." He nodded as he got my bags out the boot. "Do you need any help?"

"No, I should be fine thanks." I handed him a $50 bill. "Keep the change."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded.

"Thank you so much. I wish you all the best with the new apartment."

"Thank you." I smiled as he got in his car and drove off.

Great. How was I going to get all of this upstairs? I sighed as I started to drag all the bags at once, balancing them on top of one another. Just as I was about to balance them against the wall to open the door, some guy opened it. I expected him to hold it open, maybe even offer to help me but instead he walked straight past me, ignoring the fact that I was actually human and letting the door slam in my face.