5 Months Ago

Reader P.O.V
It'd Been years since I'd seen him, his smiling face, his true care, the warmth of his protection. The way he could make me laugh even when I cried, the way he tended to my wounds and illnesses, the happiness he provided for me.
His pleads for my safety, the screams as I was dragged away, tears streaming down his face as he fought his way to me. All I did was hang my head as tears fell from my eyes, the long train ride, hours of curling up in sheer terror. The horrible words that soon greeted me; 'Welcome home sweetie'

I ran, I soon made it to the station and got on the train bound for Amestris, central city, but I could still feel him hot on my tracks, I sat in the train looking from the window to see what carriage he would get in. To my luck he got in the back one, furthest away from me. His eyes glinted with insanity and need, he began running up the carriages searching for me, his nose ahead of him as if he was trying to sniff me out.

I didn't realise till a couple of hours through the ride that we were bound for Amestris. My heart began to pound, the people who cared for me were there, I would finally see him. As these thoughts raced through my head I lost track of my stalker, I didn't know where he was or what he was doing, my heart pounded louder and faster.

More hours pass and I never saw him, finally the call for Amestris, Central city rung through the carriages. I ran to one of the doors ready to escape and find him. I was standing, staring out of the window in the door, I tried my best, waiting as patiently as I could but excitement was building up. We were coming to a stop now and the doors were opening, I leapt out of the carriage and ran as fast as I could, I was heading to Central Command, but in the corner of my eye I saw him following me. Why won't he give up.

I soon arrived and excitement coursed through my veins, I ran up to a guard outside with the widest smile I could. I remember his confused, questioning face as I stood there, silently, staring at him with a huge grin until he said, 'Can I help you?'

'Oh ummmm, yeah, my names (y/n) and I'm looking for Lieutenant Colonel Hughes,' I was so happy, I wanted to be wrapped in his warm embrace again, be picked up like the little kid I was when I saw him last.

'Uh, You must not have heard, I.. He... He's...' He was stuttering and terrified of my reaction. I remember looking over at his friend and she just looked at the ground.

'What is it? Is he not in?' I was so naive, I couldn't tell that he died, or maybe I could. Maybe I didn't want to believe it.

'Ma'am, uh, I'm so sorry but he passed away five months ago. Do you want me to get someone to talk to you,' she was so kind, I wish I could have got to know her, but in my grief stricken state all I wanted was to go mourn him in peace.

'No don't worry about me, if it's alright can I get the address of his wife and where he's buried,' It was a feeble attempt, the words I spoke were quiet and mumbled.

'I'm sorry, we can't give you the address unless you've been check out by officials,' he said that with remorse, I could see it in his eyes, his heart rate went up, he started to fidget more and so did his friend, 'but we can give you the address of where he's buried,' at least I could see him again, he just couldn't talk back.

'That would be greatly appreciated,' I watched intently as he scribbled the address on paper and handed it to me, he had a forced, "I'm sorry I had to tell you that," smile on. My breath began to get caught in my throat and I just blurted out the words 'thank you so much,' I turned as quick as I could and ran to the address as fast as my legs could carry me.

I ran past my stalker without a care, tears clouded my vision and rolled down my cheeks, I just looked down at my feet and watched them carry me. I had to stop, I felt dizzy and my legs were sore and began to feel unable to sustain my weight. I couldn't stop, I felt determine and my body forced me as if I could no longer control myself. Until I finally made it, I remember the feeling of disbelief, it felt like tears I was crying were of excitement as if I was actually going to see him again. I rubbed my eyes until they hurt, the words were still there, the tombstone was still there. He was dead.

My legs finally gave in, I collapsed in front of Hughes grave. My body felt numb, the tears flooded from my eyes, the last time I had cried was when I was forced to part with him. Almost 6 years ago I stayed with him, he fought to put me in foster care with him, he told me about how he would find a family to adopt me, he tried so hard to save me but he couldn't.

I knelt before his grave stricken with grief, my head felt as if it had swollen to twice its size and my neck could not longer hold its weight. I dropped my head into my hands and all at once the pain came out, I shouted out into my hands, I felt every part of my body ache as I let the sound out.

Though I felt someone coming closer to me...
_____________________________
End of Chapter 1
Hope you enjoyed :P
(Thanks for 100 reads on this chapter!)

_____________________________End of Chapter 1Hope you enjoyed :P(Thanks for 100 reads on this chapter!)