Reckless

'We're going have to take off her clothes, they're preventing us from helping her,' that's the first thing I heard, those words woke me. They wanted to strip me, to help me.

'Can someone tell me where I am.' I heard what I was saying yet I couldn't help but wonder where the words come from.

'Oh you're awake, we're in Central Command, medic station, it's better we call in a doctor, caring you in could damage your limbs more. I don't know if you heard, but we need to remove your clothing.' Central Command, the fact I was there was the least of my worries but the voice sounds so familiar, I can still hear it in my head, I felt as if I had heard it recently. It was coming from behind me but, for some reason, I didn't want to look.

'It's my leg and arm that are injured most, how about we deal with those, WITHOUT STRIPPING ME, then move on to the minor problems.' Shut up (y/n). Why can't I control myself. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?

'We only have the equipment right now to deal with your minor injuries, the things needed to numb you leg and arm to remove your boot and glove are on the way.' The medic was a nice guy, he didn't have the same voice as the one I heard before, his voice was slightly higher pitched and softer.

'Just take off the boot and glove. Be move careful with the glove though, also just cut through my sleeve. My arm will need some sort of support, but you can do that right?' I wondered why they're being so careful, they were smashed after all, there was no way to fix them so there was no need to be so careful. I realise now but then I was so naive.

'Umm, removing the boot and glove will damage the arm and leg more, plus cause immense pain. Please just let us do what's planned.' There was the voice again. It seemed like no one understood, I made up my mind to just do it myself.

Sitting up was achy and made my head throb, but I was set on helping myself so stopping me was nearly impossible. I wouldn't change a thing about it though.

'Is there a spare cushion and bandage?' Maybe once in a while not being able to control my words is ok. This time speaking worked out fine, though in my head I feared what I would say next.

'Here,' I looked over to the boy who gave the items to me and it turned out to be Ed, the boy who fought with me. I smiled at him, that was the most I could do to repay him then, even when I paid him back he saved me again. I'm forever in his debt.

'Thanks,' I remember looking around, the medic looked flustered and panicked as if I was about to do something stupid, which it kind of was, I looked at Ed's face, which was shocked and intrigued. I then saw Al there, still in his armour, his eyes filled with curiosity as if he trusted what I would do.

I placed the cushion under my injured arm to support my shoulder, then went to tending to my leg. I kept trying to lean over and grab the toes of my boot and failing. I looked as if I was doing an exercise stretch and failing miserably. When I eventually grabbed the toe I yanked of the shoe with one quick swoop.

I watched as everyone's eyes lit up with horror, the medic peering through his hands, then, and only then, did I notice that the holder of the voice I recognised was none other then Roy mustang.

'Uhh that was difficult,' Yet again my unpredictable mouth came in handy, everyone shifted their focus from me and to my leg, and the remains of my auto-mail.

'Y...Yo..You have.... You have auto-mail?' I looked back at Ed quizzically after he asked this. I thought, back then, that it was obvious that I had auto-mail. You could hear it when I walked, see the slight difference in height because of it. Much like you could with Ed.

'Yeah, don't act surprised, it's not like you haven't seen auto-mail before.' This time I knew I wanted to say that but my mouth made it sound much ruder then I anticipated.

Ed, Al, Roy and a-woman-I-knew-the-face-of-but-couldn't-remember-the-name-of all stared at me, shocked. I ignored them and began wrapping the stump in bandages to hold the auto-mail nerve-connector-thing to my leg.

'Umm, can you leave for a second, we need to talk to her by ourselves.' Roy still looked shocked as he said this to the medic. The medic nodded, also in shock that I had auto-mail, and left the room relieved I hadn't just taken my foot off.

'Listen, what do you mean "It's not like you haven't seen auto-mail before" because from Ed's expression he had no clue you had auto-mail.' I remember looking back at all of them in turn, my eyes searching for an answer in all of their faces even though I knew they didn't have one.

'Ed, he has auto-mail.' My mouth now refused to spew out words like it had done when I didn't want it to. Yet again they all looked shocked. Ed was now searching for cuts in his jacket that could have revealed his auto-mail.

'How did you know?' Al finally recovered from his shock and looked at me...

_______________________________
End of Chapter 4

_______________________________End of Chapter 4