Human Transmutation

'You did human transmutation. And only your foot is gone.' Ed's eyes were filled with tears now, he thought it was unfair. Al lost his body and only my foot was gone, though it wasn't like that.

'It's not like that ok. I didn't do human transmutation, I was part of it.' I didn't want to go into it. Roy and Riza could see that, though Ed wanted to know. His eyes burned with curiosity.

'What do you mean part of it,' I felt startled, Al had spoken though I thought it would have been Ed, Since Al had said it I felt more comfortable, I don't know why but it just did.

'You know how the human soul is priceless. A body can be made from water 35L, Carbon 20kg, Ammonia 4L, Lime 1.5kg, Phosphorus 800g, Salt 250g, Saltpetre 100g, Sulpher 80g, Flurine 7.5g, Iron 5g, Silicon 3G and fifteen traces of their elements, all things which can be easily bought. The human soul is different, mine was meant to be used in exchange of someone else's. They created the body and used a transmutation with me in the centre. I was taken to, what I know as, The Truth. They took my foot and began to take my memories, before realising I wasn't at fault, though they said I was willing so punishment should occur. And I can only remember from when you took me off the train to the hospital after getting my auto mail shoulder.' I knew my tears were filling up, my body tensing and tightening. I just ignored everyone and tended to my hand. I watched as the fragments of what once was a hand fell from my glove. I bandaged my wrist all as silence filled the room.

'I... I didn't know. I'm sorry.' Ed just stared at me, I felt like I was broken. My body was ready to give in and collapse again, this time into a ball of anger and sadness.

'It's not your fault, someone get the medic again my head really hu- what happened to the guards, the ones that he hurt.' I just realised that they had been put through so much on my behalf.

'They're alive, one of them's still unconscious though.' I finally found I waiver in Roy's voice, not as if he was lying, it was as if he felt my pain. 'I'm sorry I need to get some air.'

'COLONEL! I'm sorry, I'll go check on him.' Riza ran out, I had no clue why he was upset, or if he was angry, or if he just wanted to get out of the room.

'I was told to come back in, also next time you could have just said you had auto mail.' The medic wasn't wrong.

'Yeah, sorry about that. Can you cut my sleeve so that we can bandage my shoulder.' Words, yet again just spill put of my mouth as if I was an overflowing bath.

'Hehe I thought I was the medic but yeah sure. We'll need to use a sling to support your shoulder before you can get a auto mail replacement. I'm not sure where there's a good mechanic though.' I had a feeling Ed might know one.

'I know an amazing mechanic, she'll fix you right up in record time.' I guessed right, I hadn't seen Ed's auto mail but it seemed high tech. The sounds it made as he walked or moved his arm were much more intricate then mine.

'Well that doesn't seem bad but, in your state it'll be hard to get to her,' he was speaking the truth though I knew I would find a way. 'Also, your head and wrist are the only concerns I have so I'll grab some medication and wrap up your wrist. You'll be good as new by the end. I'll also collect up the auto mail pieces. You might be able to salvage some of the nuts and bolts.'

'Thank you,' he began to cut off my sleeve slowly and carefully, he moved away the clothing and saw the nerve connectors hanging precariously. I watched him wrap my shoulder as well as he could, it didn't even hurt but I winced. He looked at me concerned and all I could do was smile back.

'I'll run and grab some gauze for your wrist.' He smiled and ran off quickly, I remember looking over at Ed, he was deep in thought and Al was staring back.

'You transmuted without a circle, just like me.' I watched Ed's mouth as it moved, carefully placing each word, saying it in a clean monotone voice.

'Yes,' I finally lost the will to speak. Someone had pulled the plug in the bath and the water had began to drain, slowly but surely draining any words that came to mind.

The room was filled with an eerie silence, as if we were mourning someone. I watched as Ed mouthed words to himself.

'You're the Elric Brothers right?' I remember the satisfaction of finally remembering. Ed, Al, the two boys who fought together and never lost. Someone to save me.

'Yeah,' Ed mumbled it, almost as if it was to himself.

'Ed, you're the Fullmetal alchemist aren't you, because of your auto mail.' I watched him finally look up. I was waiting for this, I hated watching him in the state he was, uncomfortable, angry and sad all at once.

'Yeah he is. You said Ed's leg was a little short so we can all go visit Winry when you're ready.' So kind, even when he shouldn't be.

'I'll go call her, she might not be back in Resembool yet remember,she came to visit the Hughes and we recently found out too. She's probably going to leave soon so I have to hurry.' He wasn't comfortable around me. It was as if he knew all that happened to me, but he didn't. He didn't even know half of it.

'I forgot Winry was in town, let's hope she hasn't left yet. Ed recently got out of hospital too. His arm was destroyed by someone called Scar.' Al felt awkward now too. Being left alone with someone like me must have been weird, but still his presence made me happy and comforted.

'Ok so here it is, I also got the medication, you'll be good to go in a just a little.' Those words were music to my ears...

____________________________
End of Chapter 6 (it's chapter 6 right???)

____________________________End of Chapter 6 (it's chapter 6 right???)