Monster

'Fighting me won't end well baby boy,' the words flicked off his tongue, he looked cocky as if he thought he really could win. The armoured boy looked over at the stalker, he looked as if something amazing was about to go down.

'DID YOU JUST CALL ME A HALF-PINT TINY PIPSQUEAK, SO SMALL I COULD FIT IN A COT!' Oh, oh no. The alchemist didn't look that short to me though but he sure seemed self conscious about it.

'Ah' why did I try to move my arm, I was sure my wrist was broken and my hand and shoulder were smashed but why did I want to move. I can't remember now, but in my mind there was an important reason.

'Hey don't move, your arm is surely broken and so is your leg, moving it will only make it worse.' His words warmed my heart, I know moving wasn't a good idea, but I needed to. For some reason.

'Please go get help, I'll be fine on my own for a while. If we keep going like this your friend will get hurt and then no one will be able to help us.' He was looking at me with remorse, as if I was dying and it was my last wish. Though, from how I looked, I could have been.

'I can't just leave you alone,' I couldn't contain my smile when he said this. I didn't want to be alone, but I didn't want anyone to get hurt.

'Look, your friends fighting the best he can, I'll keep fighting too, I promise I won't die while you're gone, your fight is to find someone. That way you can be the heroes, for all of us.' Why couldn't I shut up. I didn't want to be let go, his arm was cradling my head, I wanted the feeling forever. It was the feeling of care, a feeling I scarcely ever felt, ever since I was taken from him.

'Fine, Ed protect her I'm going for help.' Ed, I had heard that name before but at that time my head was spinning and I couldn't put my finger on it.

'Alright Al. THIS BASTARDS GOING TO HELL,' Al, I had heard his name too. I felt tears trickling down my face, these boys truly cared for me even though I was a complete strangers. They're just like the two guys that protected me last time.

'TO HELL? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE FIGHTING FOR? I LOVE HER!' The words that came from his mouth may have been true, but even so they made me sick to my stomach.

'LIAR! YOU DON'T HURT THE ONES YOU LOVE, YOU PROTECT THEM!' Protect me? The sparks from his alchemy flew, though he seemed to dodge all of Ed's attacks seamlessly.

'HA. SHE'S A MONSTER, MONSTERS NEED TO FOLLOW ORDERS. EVEN THOUGH I LOVE HER SHE HAS TO LEARN. SHE RAN AWAY, I'M TREATING THIS MONSTER AS MY PET AND PETS FOLLOW ORDERS!' His words weren't far from the truth.

'Pet. Follow orders? I'm no ones pet.' The words were slipping out again. I just wanted them to stop but as the rage came to a boil I could stop.

Ed looked at me, I watched as he struck him and Ed flew. His grunts of pain still haunt me, I wished no one could have got hurt. It's all because of me.

'DON'T HURT HIM. I'LL PROTECT WHAT I STAND FOR! I'LL PROTECT THE ONES WHO CARE FOR ME AND THAT I CARE FOR! I'LL PROTECT THE ONES I LOVE.' Sparks, this time from my hands, or a hand and the others remains. I was somehow kneeling now, head down, staring at my hands.

'SIT DOWN YOU'RE HURT, PLEASE DON'T STRAIN YOURSELF!' Ed still didn't want me to be hurt, I should have listened but I couldn't.

'YOU'RE STILL WEAK! DID YOU THINK YOU COULD HURT THE PERSON THAT OWNS YOU? DID YOU!' His shrieks blew me over the edge.

I used the little of strength I still had and transmuted blow after blow, he was screaming in pain and Ed was staring at me, he now saw me for the monster I am.

'I'll never be weak, I WON'T ALLOW MYSELF TO STUPE TO YOUR LEVEL! LISTEN TO ME, I'M SO MUCH STRONGER THEN YOU COULD EVR WISH TO BE. I LET YOU HURT ME, BUT ONCE YOU HURT SOMEONE ELSE THATS UNFORGIVABLE,' I couldn't stop, I kept hitting him, I watched his limbs begin to break, blood seeping out through his now torn clothes.

'STOP YOU'LL KILL HIM,' I felt pain shoot through me as Ed tackled me. I came to reality and saw what I had done, the pain I had caused him. 'Sorry I know that must have hurt but he can't hurt you now, we won.' I watched the tears fall from my eyes, I felt the warm embrace of a human and the cold touch of metal all at once as he hugged me.

'Get off me,' Why. Why can't I control my words, why can't I say what I want to. I wish I said, please protect me or never let me go, but I just couldn't, something stopped me. I'm still like this, no matter how many prayers I say, I can't stop myself, the change has to come from within.

'Ah, I'm sorry,' he looked at me awkwardly as he let go of me, the way I said it sounded cruel and snappy, I wish it sounded the opposite.

I felt the sudden rush of dizziness return, I fell back again, my head smashing into the ground below. I could feel my heartbeat throughout my body, I could hear it too. In fact that's all I heard. I watched as Ed's face grew to panic and he tried to see it I was ok, I watched Al run over with some guards, I watched as a medic looked at me all over in horror. I slowly blacked out, unable to prevent it any longer, no matter how hard I tried. The last thing I felt before losing consciousness completely was someone picking me up...

____________________________________
End of Chapter 3

____________________________________End of Chapter 3