Goodbye Al

I glanced to the side, Riza was instructing Roy to use his alchemy. His power was still the same, his sight didn't stop him. He was even able to defend a counter attack, but still this assault did nothing. Everyone fought with all they had, giving their all to wear it down.

'Give up.' Father spoke, still unfazed. 'Your meagre human struggling will never harm me.'

I stared in awe as Greed punched Father in the face, his hand instantly getting sucked in as Father attempted to steal his philosopher's stone, but that's what we wanted. Father looked at Greed, seconds later Ed went to attack, but it was futile. Ed only had his automail destroyed by its force field, but Ed wouldn't give up. He kicked Father, yet again he was blocked.

Father then shifted. His usual stoic stature changed as he screamed out in anger and transmuted something. May Chang and I held tightly to Al to stop his blowing away. The after effects were hell. Ed had been stabbed through the arm on a rock, but all we shouted was for him to run. He could only struggle, but that caused more pain. Al spoke out for the first time in a while, speaking to his brother.

'May, I need your help.' Al's eyes expressed sadness, but hope. 'Brother... he sacrificed his arm to pull my soul back to this world. If that was "equivalent trade" the opposite would be true as well.'

'Al,' I let the tears fall as I held onto the scraps of his body. 'Please, this cant be the only way!'

'Alphonse-sama.' May Chang was in shock. 'What're you saying?'

'Just make me a path,' I was balling my eyes out, my hand on one side of his face, 'you can do it.'

'But Alphonse-sama you'll!' May Chang was cut off, she was able to speak what I couldn't.

'There's no time.' Al spoke solemnly. 'There's no... Please. You're the only one who can help me.'

I was powerless, I just touched Al's armour to feel as close as possible. May Chang began to cry too, we were messes. That's when she did it, next to Ed's head were her kunai, in the shape she needed.

'Al what're you doing?' I hear Ed's faint words. 'No, stop- Al... AL!'

'Brother,' I held my head as Al transmuted, 'win!'

'NOOOOOO!' Ed screamed out, the only sound I could hear, then his arm returned. 'YOU STUPID IDIOT!'

Ed transmuted with all his power, completely obliterating Father. Again and again hitting him. Everyone cheered for him, May Chang and I held each other. We cried and cheered.

'GET UP YOU WORTHLESS FUCK!' Ed was pissed. 'IT'S TIME YOU LEARNED WHY YOU'RE NOT IN OUR LEAGUE!'

Father swelled up for a moment, power surged out of it, blasting everyone. That's when it went for Greed and I lost it. I ran towards it, screaming, but Armstrong caught me, held me back.

'Leave it to them.' I thrashed to get out, screaming and crying. 'It'll be over soon.'

'LAN FAN!' Yet again Ling called to her, she came and cut the tie between Greed and Father.

Greed was absorbed though, but I knew he would go without a fight, disobeying Father so it couldn't use his stone. That was the end of Greed, I collapsed. I looked up for a moment, Ed's arm was through Father, then it wasn't. He hope in his chest spewed out the tentacle hands, sucking it into himself. It was over. But it wasn't.

Armstrong released me and I ran to Ed, who sat next to Al's broken body. May Chang was apologising when I fell next to them, holding shards of his body in tears.

'It's not your fault.' Ed had no emotion left. 'Al made his choice.'

I stopped listening again. Looking at the body that was left next to me. It no longer seemed warm, or anything. It was an object now.

'Use my life and take Alphonse back.' These words came to my attention. 'I have exactly one soul left.'

'I COULD NEVER DO THAT YOY JACKASS!' I watched, tears still spilling from my eyes as Ed spoke. 'IT'S OUR OWN FAULT THAT WE LOST OUR BODIES! I'M NOT SAYING THIS AGAIN. AL AND I WILL NEVER USE HUMAN LIVES TO RESTORE OURSELVES! WHY DO YOU THINK YOU NEED TO SACRIFICE YOURSELF ANYWAY?!'

'Because I'm your father.' My heart shattered, Hohenhiem sounded broken. 'This isn't about logic or necessity. You two are the most important people in the world to me. I want you to be happy.'

There was a pause. A brief silence to contemplate everything, not a single noise could be heard.

'I'm to blame for your loneliness and your attempt to receive Trisha. It's my fault for abandoning you- I'm the reason your bodies ended up like this.' He was a broken man, he lost his wife, his kids love, everything. 'I'm sorry. I've lived long enough, at least let my last act be that of a real father.'

'YOU'VE GOTTA BE THE DUMBEST FATHER IN THE WORLD DAD!' Ed cried. The tears fell like rain off of his cheeks. 'NOT ANOTHER WORD, YOU HEAR ME? I'LL KICK YOUR ASS TOO!'

'Ha,' Hohenhiem was a little happy. 'You finally called me dad'

I blinked back tears, Riza helping me up and taking me to Roy as Ed drew a transmutation circle. It wasn't just a transmutation circle, it was a human transmutation circle. Roy held me close as I cried, rubbing my head like he did when I was a child.

'Al will come back.' Roy put his head on mine. 'You have to ask him out when he does. It's so obvious that you love him, please do me this favour.'

'Roy.' He was still able to put on a joking stern face. 'I promise.'

'I'll be right back.' Ed clapped his hands together. 'HERE COMES THE FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST'S FINAL TRANSMUTATION!'

We all held our breath....

____________________
End of Chapter 43
(AHHHHHHHH this is so hard to rewatch!!! My heart can't take it, my body may explode! Once again thank you and hope you enjoyed. This is the third chapter of the day since I didn't post for a month because I didn't want to have to re watch and sob into my pillow again. So thank you and I'll be back with more parts soon!!!)

 So thank you and I'll be back with more parts soon!!!)