Don't Hurt Me, Please?

The hairs on the back of my neck began to raise, someone was coming closer, even though I was weary of this stranger I couldn't contain my tears and cries for Hughes. I distinctly remember his footsteps, they were different, I'd met him before around the same time I met Hughes. I felt a hand touch my shoulder and soon all the numbness that covered my body disappeared and I stood up in a flash.

'I'm guessing you just heard the news about Maes, here have a tissue.' The feeling I had at that moment was gut wrenching, it was the feeling being caught doing something you're not meant to, even though I had the right to.

'I was a close friend to Hughes, what was your relation to him,' my mouth felt dry, I recognised his voice, I know he doesn't remember me even though he saw me everyday, though that was six years ago.

'Don't feel like talking 'ey, it'll get better don't you worry,' there it is again, his hand on my shoulder, I was paralysed by fear, until my body jolted from his grasp.

'Get away,' I hated those words. I said that to someone who had cared for me, taught me alchemy properly, and to the person who had lost his best friend, Roy Mustang.

'Hey I'm sorry, I just thought I would try and comfort you but I guess I'm not good at that,' I was staring straight into his eyes, I began to step back and he kept looking with curiousity.

'Leave me alone,' I ran again, why did I run again, the tears came faster and the lump in my throat grew again.

'HEY, uh. Never was good with girls was I Maes.' I heard his voice as I kept running, I shouldn't of said that. What's wrong with me.

I ran until I couldn't anymore, my breathing was shallow and sharp and I could hear my heart beating like a drum. I walked for a while lost, and trying to stay away from Roy and my stalker, I really didn't need to see either of them. I knew I had to talk to him and maybe I could finally meet the Elric Brothers who I'd been hearing loads about.

The smell of fresh flowers floated through the air and with what little money I brought with me I bought 5 bouquets.
I began to head back to Central Command to apologise to Roy but on my way I went back to his grave. I couldn't even step into the cemetery without crying, the tears blurred my vision but I still made my way to his grave. I lay one of the bouquets on his grave and continued to walk.

I made it to the street before Central Command but I could hear his footsteps, he's still following me. The guards who I'd previously talked to me were still there so I walked up out front hoping he would leave me alone. Without warning the footsteps sped up and I collapsed, my head began to throb, petals were scattered across the floor, the guards raced towards me but he struck again. My right foot was now unusable.

My mind went blank, I stared into his eyes as he struck down the guards, I watched them fall unconscious the man bleeding. His eyes were filled with contempt and insanity, he wasn't the person I had known.

'Ready to come home (y/n) or do I have to beat it into you?' his voice felt like a needle pierced my heart, home, the place I hated, home. The one place where I didn't feel safe.

Sparks flew as I transmuted a wall between him and I, but in an instant it was gone. The sound of cracking rung through my ears as he hit my left shoulder. Why was I so weak.

'One more then it's the real deal,' this wasn't real enough for him, I guess he wanted me to scream or to wince in pain. To bad for him, my body was numb from Hughes' death, I no longer had the will to be in pain.

I watched him pull back then hit my left hand and wrist, the bone in my wrist shattered from his power. He wouldn't stop, for what felt like years he kept hitting me, my body covered in scratches and bruises.

Sparks, sparks from alchemy. I watched him get thrown away by a pillar of concrete, I couldn't move, my mind was slowly shutting off. I watched as a red cloaked child fought against him, somehow the child was prevailing.

'Hey are you ok? Hey, HEY' his footsteps were odd, they sounded like armour, but when he put his steel arm around me it felt warm and comforting, as if the armour wasn't there at all.

I watched silently as the alchemist fought with my stalker, his footsteps sounded much like mine, though his had more power and confidence behind them. I began to fade in and out of consciousness, I watched brief segments of the battle and saw the guards restrain him. The armoured boy began to panic as he watched me black out then awaken, his eyes lifeless yet full of emotion and desperation.

'Don't worry about me,' the breath escaping from my mouth as if I was merely breathing, though my breaths got shorter and sharper as I tried my hardest to get oxygen. I remember the boy trying to carry me then, his eyes filled with fear.

'OF COURSE I'M GOING TO WORRY, YOU'RE BLEEDING BADLY AND YOUR ARM AND FOOT MUST BE BROKEN.' The feeling of those words filled me with joy. Even though we just met he wouldn't leave me to die, no matter how much I wanted to. I gave my best smile, though that mustn't have been much.

'Please take care of those soldiers, they're more use then I am,' I wanted to stay in his arms, I never wanted to leave them, but I didn't want anyone to die.

'Uh, you're more injured so please just let me help you. Some more guards will come shortly I.. I'm sure of it!' He didn't sound sure...
_____________________________
The End of Chapter 2

_____________________________The End of Chapter 2