I Know about It

'Isn't it obvious? The way he walks, the sound his arm makes when it moves, which wouldn't be as bad if it was better oiled. Your leg is a couple of millimetres too small so you walk differently on it, it also sounds heavier. As for you Al I have a couple of questions. First one's for Ed too, does Roy and that woman know?' Yet again they all stared at me, Ed and Al stared as if I had figured out the secret to life, Roy stared with a look of 'of course I know but how do you know and how do you know my name?' and the woman looked like she knew too but was also slightly hurt.

'They know,' Ed looked ashamed of himself and so did Al, I remember their faces distinctly. I hated the way I made them look.

'Don't be ashamed, sometimes you make mistakes, though, Ed, your alchemy is truly amazing. Anyway, question two Al you're hollow, right?' I watched as Al looked at me, Ed's eyes filled with anger. It wasn't for me though, he was angry at himself. Al looked at me and slowly nodded, as if admitting he was hollow was admitting he wasn't human.

'One last thing for you Al then one for Ed, have you lost your memory?' Al looked at me, it wasn't a normal look, it was quizzical yet it was serious. He was wondering why I asked such a weird question or if I had experience.

'I have my memories, I remember everything during and before I was put into this body.' My heart sank as he said that, this was normal. I was the exception.

Roy and his friend stayed silent throughout the conversation, they knew it was just for Ed and Al and that interrupting wasn't something they should do. Still, I recognised the woman.

'Last thing, then you can ask me anything. Who did you try and bring back?' Ed and Al looked at each other, I had filled them with sadness. Even though I knew saying this was a bad idea I had to, I knew it would make them upset but, I had to.

'It was our Mother, no more questions alright.' Ed's voice had a hint of anger, sadness and remorse. I can hear his voice saying that over and over again, I promised myself I wouldn't hear it from his mouth again.

'Now, I have some questions for you. Firstly, What's your name? Secondly, how did you get into that fight? Thirdly, who was the person that attacked you and what relation did you have? And, how did you know my name?' I listened to each individual word. I enjoyed his voice, it soothed me. This time it wasn't so soothing, it had a bite to it, as if he had to spit the words out.

'I'm (y/n). The thing is I don't know why he attacked me like that. He knew about my auto-mail and that's why he went for my leg, arm and shoulder, though I'm sure my wrist is broken. Who, his name is Michael. He's my umm h.. Husband... we're married, technically. Lastly, I know your name because you saved me. I'm really sorry that I can't remember your name, I recognise your blond hair and face in general but I can't figure out your name. It began with R right?' They all stared at me. I knew that Roy didn't recognise me quite yet but Riza seemed to. I hadn't figured out her name by then so I used it to distract from the fact that I was married.

'I'm Riza, you said your name was (y/n) right?' I nodded, 'Well (y/n), can you tell me your age?'

'I'm... Umm 14...' I know I didn't want to say it, but I don't know why it was so hard.

I saw all their mouths drop. I know it's weird, but they didn't understand. It'll be clear soon I kept saying that to myself in my head, over and over and over again.

'You're my age,' Al's eyes were wide, his voice wavered. I looked at everyone as silence filled the room.

'It's weird, I know. I wish it wasn't real. I hate him. Listen, it was a forced marriage, I had no say in it. I was used as much as I could by my family so they pretty much sold me to him. I was his object, to get here I kind of stole his money and ran here. Well I didn't mean to go here but, I got lucky I guess.' Silence yet again filled the room. I know how weird this must have been for them. Looking back, they did what they knew how to do. They sympathised.

'(Y/n), your name, your auto-mail. Has it been 6 years. (Y/n) I'm so sorry, now I know why you were at his grave. Since you ran away you have nowhere to stay. Stay with me I would love to have your company. On a different note, I'll make sure you don't stay married to that bastard.' I remember the feeling on true relief. I could finally relax. I was back with my family, Roy and Riza, and new friends, Ed and Al. The feeling of letting go of so many years of pain and letting the rest of my bottled up tears free.

'(Y/n). If you don't mind me asking. How did you get your auto-mail?' Ed asked the question timidly, as if by saying this he could break me.

'Which piece, the hand was taken by a knife, the foot was human transmutation, the shoulder was... It was a long time ago.' I felt as if my mind had betrayed me. I knew it wasn't my fault I couldn't remember, I looked at Roy, I felt like if anyone would know it would be him.

'I remember. It was when her father found out she had learnt some alchemy. Though it was his fault. He tried to hit you with the shovel but instead it took a chunk from your shoulder. I wrestled the shovel from him, that man doesn't deserve to have children. The arm and the leg are new, I'm surprised that you can't remember the shoulder though, you were seven.' Roy had skipped the fact that human transmutation was the reason my foot was gone. Something on his face told me he was worried yet he still didn't care...

_____________________________________
End of Chapter 5

_____________________________________End of Chapter 5