It's Been a While

'Now I'm here,' I told Winry only the basic details. Nothing more, nothing less. She didn't need to know everything.

'The man that did this to you, where is he?' Dead, that's what I'd hoped.

'I did a lot of damage to him, he's probably in a hospital somewhere.' I really had no clue.

'Well, anyway the foot's done I just need to attach it. We should wait for someone to come so we can at least attach two at a time.' Automail, the only thing worth being in pain for.

'Sure. Don't worry about hurting me though, really I don't care.' I lost control, my mouth running off again.

'You don't deserve it though, Ed said that he and Al would see you around half an hour ago so they should be here any-' I remember the slow creaking of the door. '- WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO LATE! SERIOUSLY HALF AN HOUR, uhh you guys are hopeless. Now come on, I need help attaching (y/n)'s automail.' I love Winry, she's like a best friend. Kind, sweet, caring but always puts you in your place.

'Y'know a good morning or a hello wouldn't kill ya.' But saying that might of, Winry was already mad but Ed seemed to like pissing her off.

'Well hello there Edward and Alphonse could you please assist me in putting (y/n)'s hand, foot and shoulder ONTO HER BODY SO SHE CAN LEAVE!!' Winry also has a good sense of humour too, I know I laughed too hard at this at the time but still, I savour these moments.

'Ok fine, sorry we have to do this. It's gonna hurt so please forgive me.' Ed's sweet too, he cares about people but has a short temper.

They surrounded me. Al stood back, his armoured fingers too big to help, he told us it didn't bother him but I knew it did, he wanted to help, he always did.

'Ok, 1...2...3!' Pain shot through me, I couldn't make a sound. My screams suppressed under the pain.

'You took that well, we have to do the shoulder now, I'm really sorry.' She acted like it didn't bother that she was doing this, she didn't want to be upset, but she was. Ed couldn't hide it though, I heard the automail in his arm shaking, he knew how much it hurt. '1...2...3!' Pain once again. This time a small whine left my throat.

'It's all over now, you should be able to leave but, be careful. Oil it often and be careful.' Finally out of there, it'd felt like 4 chapters of a story, slowly being published as I thought. A chapter every month or so but in reality only a couple of days.

'Thank you so much. Will you be returning to Resemboul now?' I like Winry, that day I wanted anything but her to leave.

'Yeah, I've got to help granny again. I hope you all come visit soon, We love visitors. And if you can't come, can you at least call?' There was prayer in her voice. As she spoke the words because less of a question and more of a prayer, she wanted them to call. She wanted to be near them, she missed them even though she stood right in front of them.

'I wish you the best,' I truly did, 'yeah me too Win, have a safe trip.' And Ed did too. I could hear his voice waver slightly, it was like he didn't know whether he was coming back. 'Tell granny we say hi, Ok?' Al's voice was sincere, nothing to hide at all.

Some time passed, I had left the medic unit and was headed to see Roy and Riza with Ed and Al.

'Great, time to talk with Mr Miniskirts!' Ed cares about Roy, even now, he just didn't know it yet.

'What's wrong with Roy?' I had to ask, I wanted to know what in particular annoyed him the most.

'The fact that you knew it was Roy when I said "Mr Miniskirts" says it all' He wasn't wrong.

Ed knocked hesitantly, 'hey can we come in?' Ed was so informal, it even shocked me!

'Yeah sure but have some more respect kid.' Haha, Roy and I thought alike, that was always the case.

'Oh (y/n) your out of the medic unit! Say hello to-' Roy wasn't ready for what happened next.

'(Y/N)! IT'S BEEN SO LONG! ARE YOU OK? I'LL KILL THE GUY THAT HURT YOU!' Yeah... Jean can be very charismatic, but I have to hand it to him I always loved playing with him as a kid and seeing him then was one of the best days of my life.

'Hahaha, Jean calm down. No one needs to kill anyone! Please let go of me, you're hurting me,' yeah a little too charismatic. 'I'M SORRY I DIDN'T WANT TO HURT YOU!' Still shouting, my ear still rings because if that lunatic. 'It's ok you worry too much! How have you been?' I wanted to talk to him again.

'Good, still can't get a girl but I'm working on it!' Jean didn't need to try hard, he's good looking, kind and a fun guy. He just always found the wrong girl, only the ones that would hurt him. 'What about you? Roy told me about that bastard. The fact that you married before me is pretty unsettling to think about. Hehe I'm already filing divorce papers so don't be worried, that idiot won't be around you for long.'

He voice grew softer, I think he realised that I didn't want to talk about it till it was too late, the guy hurt me and I wanted to get rid of him but, something in me wanted to apologise for the pain I caused him, blow after blow, broken bones, hearing each one shatter and splinter, listening to his choking breaths. I wanted to apologise, to the man who stole my life, I was his slave. I cooked, cleaned and fought tirelessly without food because he wouldn't feed me. Something in me was desperate to apologise, because after all he did to me this was the first time he laid a hand on me, he never made me 'pleasure him' or kiss him, I was sorry. The monster in me took over...

______________________________
End of Chapter 9 ( this took way longer than it should have )

______________________________ End of Chapter 9 ( this took way longer than it should have )