Memories

I closed my eyes, just for a second, or at least that's what it felt like. I was last looking down at my hands, Ed and Al talking, now I was somewhere else. A room, darkness covering each corner, chalk markings scratched across the floor. I was all alone, bleeding out, my foot was gone, the people that transmuted were gone. My memories were gone.

I looked around, not in fear or curiosity but in need. A need to see what had been created. I heard its breaths echoing off the walls. It was alive.

There he was, a beautiful little boy, body black like charcoal, eyes like rubies, body covered in steam. He wasn't human, he wasn't my brother. I was alone again, the breaths stopped, silence filled the room once again. I forgot a lot, but I remembered enough. Enough to know I wasn't safe.

'How's my baby bo- it seems they failed. We're stuck with this brat forever it seems, she couldn't even save her brother. You've had so many chances (y/n), it's time you learnt your lesson.' His words like daggers, slowly taking the knife from where it hung on the wall.

'I'm sorry daddy. I wish I was dead, I wish he was alive.' Never knowing when to shut up, I still can't. I called him daddy, something I never said again. I saw his eyes fill with anger, I knew I messed up. I laid down, ready to be punished, if I don't take it it'll be worse.

'SORRY WON'T BRING HIM BACK! SORRY WON'T LET YOU REPENT FOR YOUR SINS YOU MONSTER!' Monster, that word had so much meaning, it meant I wasn't human, I had to accept that.

I don't know how he came at me, I just remember the pain of him using the knife to draw on my skin like paper, he wrote words and just scratched me. All because he was angry. All because he wanted to shift the blame to someone else.

I opened my eyes, I can't remember how long they were closed for. My sheets wet from tears. Though they were silent they noticed. Ed stared confusion and shock unsure of what to do, Al, he came over to my bed and sat next to me. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and cradled my head. It felt like what I had imagined childhood was like.

'What's wrong?' Al's words were almost whispers, my head against the metal on his chest.

'It's just a sad memory, I got a bit worked up that's all.' That wasn't all, I wished to tell him everything.

'Hey, are you sure, it's ok to open up y'know.' Ed walked over too, sitting on the other side of the bed, patting my back awkwardly. I felt... comforted?

'I'm fine, sorry.' I had no emotion. In honesty crying seemed stupid to me at the time, I cried because of the past, a thing I couldn't change. It was evil.

'Hey Ed how- is everything ok?' A new face. A beautiful blonde haired girl followed by Roy and Riza. She held the biggest bag that clanked every time she walked, her hair tied back in a ponytail.

'Yeah we're fine. Nice to meet you, I'm (y/n).' No one needed to know about my past for now, I didn't want them to know, I wanted to erase that from my memory.

'Oh hey, I'm Winry, Ed and Al's friend, and mechanic!' Her voice was melodic and sweet, her footsteps were calm and rhythmic, her heartbeat, well it sped up when she walked into the room. 'Well now that we've got introductions out of the way I should get to work.'

She began to take measurements for my hand and foot, she looked intently at each part, studying it with pure concentration. Then she looked and my shoulder and looked back in horror.

'WHO ATTACHED THIS ITS HORRIBLE, JUST LOOK ITS HANGING BY A THREAD THAT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN!' I knew my shoulder wasn't good but it worked, that's all I cared about.

'Yeah it's not very good, it was just a ball joint for ages.' Talking seemed to be going alright, I wasn't stuttering or being unable to speak, I wasn't trying to hold myself back.

'A BALL JOINT, well we'll need to reattach the nerve connecter but a ball joint, that's ridiculous.' I could see the outrage on her face, it was almost funny.

'So Winry, how long do you think it'll take?' I could see Ed was impatient, I'm sure I was holding him up but something told me he wanted to stay. He didn't want to leave me alone.

'If I pull an all nighter I think I could get this done, considering they're all small pieces and the joints are well oiled and in top shape it should only take a short time to do. Though her shoulder will need to be reattached so I'll work on that. The nerves are all connected I just need to attach the casing so it won't fall off...' She kept talking, her words trailing off into the nothingness. I watched her speak, I wanted to know what she was doing.

'That's great, thanks Winry you're the best!' Al was more excited then I was.

Winry worked all night, fixing everything, adjusting my shoulder connectors, building a hand and foot. I could stop watching. She told me to sleep, I don't even know how many times, saying I didn't have to stay up, but I did. I couldn't sleep knowing that the person that made Ed's automail would make mine.

Morning rolled around again and Winry squealed in excitement, she had finished my hand and shoulder and was just about to start my foot.

'You should get some rest y'know. I only have one piece left so it won't be long till you're out.' Winry hadn't talked for a while so her voice was refreshing.

'Really, I'm fine. I'm amazed by your work ethic and how amazing your automail is. I love watching you make it.' I still had control.

'If you don't mind me asking, how did you get in here?' This was the first time we had really talked.

'It's a long story' I didn't know if I could say it yet.

'I'll be here a while and listening to a story would be nice,' so sweet. Even when doing me a favour, she's nice.

'Ok then. Well it happened when...
__________________________________
End of Chapter 8 ( you'll get out next chapter, I think)

__________________________________End of Chapter 8 ( you'll get out next chapter, I think)