Chapter 2: Pilot

Tyler is going to be a bit less of a douche in this story while Vicki is a whore...kinda.

Season 1 Episode 1: Pilot

I clutched my books closer to me as I walked through Mystic Falls High. I was foot or two shorter than the teenagers here and while technically almost hundred year solder than them, still had the appearance of a seven year old boy.

It didn't help that I was as shy as a seven year old too, or how many times I accidentally acted like a seven year old boy.

So in other words, this was kinda terrifying. Especially the whispers and pointing that was being thrown at me.

I ducked and walked the halls quickly. Apparently too quickly as I accidentally ran into another kid.

"Watch it." A growl, angry voice said as my three books tumbled out of my hands and I lost my balance.

I flinched slightly but over the years got better dealing with angry or annoyed voices, "My apologizes." I said softly as I scrambled to grab my books before they got kicked around.

I heard a sigh and the person who was annoyed with me knelt beside me and grabbed two of my books, "You're Percy Jackson aren't you? One of the founding families that moved away some time ago?" The kid asked as he handed my books back to me which I clutched to my chest.

"Why does it concern you?" I asked softly and pushed myself back to stand in front of the kid.

"My name is Tyler Lockwood. My father told me that the Jackson family had recently moved back in during the summer and he wanted to meet your parents to discuss something that the founders are apart of or something." Tyler said his voice hard but didn't seem to be angry at me.

He actually seemed to be annoyed with his father about me. Which confused me greatly.

"My parents died when I was little, and my adoptive mother is usually moving around. She just allowed me to come back here to learn the place where my mother grew up and let me see the changes that have occurred." I said softly and saw that Tyler nodded.

I nervously shifted my arms as I tried to find the door to the history room I was suppose to go to with Mr.Tanner.

"Where you going kid?" Tyler asked with a sigh like he couldn't believe he was doing this.

"History. With Mr.Tanner." I said a bit louder than before as I felt my confidence go up a bit. That and Tyler didn't seem that bad, I don't think I have to be worried about him.

"I'll lead you there kid but I don't have his class." Tyler said and started to walk into the crowd of people where only after a few minutes I was getting a bit swarmed.

I scanned the hallways looking for Tyler who seemed to have melted into the crowd and clutched my books tighter. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up where Tyler was.

"Sorry about that kid, just stay close." Tyler said and he kept his hand on my shoulder and lead me through the school.

After a few more feet of walking we stopped in front of a room, "Good luck kid." Tyler said and he detached his hand from my shoulder.

"Uh, Percy. My name, it's Percy Jackson." I said awkwardly even though I just remembered Tyler already knew, shifting awkwardly I watched Tyler disappear into the hallway.

I slipped into the room quickly and found a seat near the back where I put my backpack down and instantly ducked my head into one of my three books.

I paid little attention even when the bell rang and I hesitantly put my book down to grab a notebook and pencil.

I did look up though when the other new guy came into the room. Rumor that was floating around was that his name was Stefan Salvatore. Though it seemed only I knew what the ring on his finger really meant.