Chapter 9: Unpleasantville

Season 1 Episode 12: Unpleasantville

"Hey I'm going to be helping out Caroline and Matt with the party stuff today. You can head home, Matt'll drive me home." I told Ty who was talking to some football friends.

They were trying to figure out if they could get another coach before they forfeit too much that they don't have a chance at states.

"Alright." Tyler said simply while ruffling my hair slightly before carrying on with his conversation.

Though, I could tell as I walked away that he kept one eye on me until I reached Matt who was painting with Caroline.

"Hi, Caroline. Hi, Matty." I told my two friends.

"Really, Squirt. Matty? That's creative and nice." Matt teased. I stuck my tongue out at him in retaliation.

I noticed the small black strip of paint on his arm but remembered seeing from the distance that Caroline painted it because of some teasing that Matt did.

"So what are you guys wearing to this dumb dance, anyway? Should we color-coordinate?" Caroline asked referencing both of us but I knew she was mostly asking Matt.

"Uh, I'm not goin'." Matt told her back which made me perk up. The teachers and principal asked me not to go to the dance. I asked them instead if I could just hang out in the library and they told me that was alright so long as I had supervision (which Ray agreed to do).

"Why not?" Caroline asked looking a bit disappointed.

"I gotta work, bussin' tables at The Grill." Matt told her looking sorry.

"When were you a busboy at The Grill? I didn't know you had a job." I asked him

"Yeah, some of us do have to work. Mr.Rich Kid." Matt teased.

After a bit more teasing between the three of us, the poster was finally done and ready to be hung up for the dance.

A/N: So I do like Caroline and Matt's relationship and disliked that one scene. Matt took it out of context and I didn't really like that. If you wanted to see the original version just look it up on Netflix.

After school, I was hanging out with Tyler who was getting ready for the dance. He was meeting some of his friends at school to hang out with and will probably dance with one of the single ladies there.

"Remember, Ray will take you up to the library once you're done checking around." Tyler motherly said.

"I'm aware." I told him amused at how much he turned into a mother since becoming a werewolf. Apparently, he sees me both as the Alpha and as a pup that needs protecting and guidance.

As if he was older than me, pssh.

I went inside the school with Tyler just to check if everything was alright. There was a lot of hard work involved.

With everything looking good, I spotted Caroline next to Bonnie and Elena who seemed to have come with both Salvatore Vampires.

"Hey, guys!" I chirped as my head barely reached the tall table.

"Midget." Caroline fondly said.

"Hey, Percy." Bonnie said looking happy to see me. We haven't talked too much but since that first day we've chatted on and off. Enough that I consider her a friend.

"Uh, hi." Elena said a bit awkwardly.

Unlike Caroline and Bonnie, I haven't really chatted with Elena that much since that dinner really, and that was mostly because Bonnie invited me to it.