Chapter 17: Masquerade

Season 2 Episode 7: Masquerade

"You're coming to the masquerade, right?" Tyler asked for clarification as he started to put on a suit.

"Yeah, I'll meet you there. The vampires will also be there with Matt and they know what Katherine looks like. I already got information that Elena won't be going so watch out," I told Tyler as I stood on a stool and fixed his tie. It seemed he was kinda hopeless with them.

"And Katherine looks like Elena. Got it." Tyler let out a sigh as he straightened his tie slightly before leaving.

I stepped off the stool and went to my own bedroom where my suit was. Well my suit and mask which happened to be silver and had a howling wolf etched into the side. A little gift from my mother.

My suit also happened to be silver and a howling wolf crest etched onto the side. It was actually a symbol of the Jackson Family Crest and just so happen to also represent the goddess, Artemis.

Changing quickly, I had Ray drive me to the party where I was met with a lot of people in different masks, suits, and dresses.

As soon as I was in the doors one of the vampires I hired knelt beside me and whispered in my ear, "Katherine tried to compel Matt Donovan. We have already compelled him to forget her orders. He is now with Tyler in his father's study with two females. We're guarding the doors as it is a one-way in and out."

I nodded to the man before stepping through the crowd gracefully. During that time I saw Little Gilbert head up the stairs with Bonnie right behind him.

I would've followed them to see what they were up to, but I felt a witch's presence. Instantly, my eyes locked onto a dark skinned woman. Reaching my magic out hesitantly, I saw her eyes snap to mine.

With that, I tilted my head slightly to head toward the food buffet. She slightly nodded and slowly we made our way there.

"What is a little Warlock doing here?" She asked hesitantly, almost like she could slightly feel out much power I had.

I didn't reply right away; instead, I filtered through the many scents in the room before finding hers. What was interesting was the fact that she had another scent clinging onto her own.

"You're working with Katherine." It sounded slightly like a question, but we both knew it was an observation.

Her eyes met mine and before she could respond, Bonnie Bennett was staring at the unknown witch with an intense look.

"Excuse me, do I know you?" Bonnie asked the woman. Almost instantly, I could tell their scents were slightly similar. A distant retaliative it seemed.

"No, I'm a plus one, I know no one, but it's a great party though." Lucy's voice was short and to the point.

I could tell Bonnie was confused but let the subject drop and walk back to Jeremy.

As soon as they were out of earshot, the woman turned toward me. "Who was that witch?" she asked, her voice low and dangerous.

"Bonnie Bennett. I'm sure you have heard of that line. Seeing as you two are related," I told her plainly before turning to her with a dangerous look in my eye, "Now, who are you and what has Katherine done to you."

She looked startled and stared at me for a few seconds before responding, "I'm Lucy. How can you tell that I am related to the Bennett line?"

"I don't believe we really know one another well enough for me to give you the answer. However, I have a proposition for you. You tell me what Katherine has done, and I can arrange a way for you to get out of vampire troubles," I told her calmly.