Chapter 23: The Dinner Party

Merry Christmas Guys! This is part of the large Christmas Update! And have a Happy New Year!    

I do not own Vampire Diaries or Percy Jackson

I was curled into my older brother the next night and tried to calm my wolf that felt restless as the full moon neared.

"I have a question," I asked softly as my brother instantly set the book he was reading to the side.

"What's wrong, Henrik?" Elijah asked softly.

He had this horrible habit of calling me Henrik instead of Percy, but I was just going along with it and indulging it. I mean, when your sibling has been dead since The New World, you'd probably would want to call them the name you're more familiar with.

"Why do you want to kill Nik?" I asked softly as I softly fumbled with the knot in his tie, trying to do something for my hands that were being restless.

Elijah was quiet for a bit, and I feared he wouldn't answer. "Your brother Niklaus, is a very complicated man. Over the centuries since your death I fear his heart has twisted. Twisted enough that he has put our siblings bodies in the sea so neither of us could find them," Elijah said softly has he wrapped his arms around me, either in comfort to me or himself.

"Our brother, Eli. Not just mine," I told Elijah softly, "and that doesn't sound like Nik. Are you sure he hadn't said it in jest or anger?" I questioned softly, hoping he might consider the possibility.

Elijah stayed quiet for the rest of the night, but I knew he was troubled by my idea that maybe Nik was just saying that in anger but not having actually done the task. The reason I think he might've said it in anger was because if Nik was really a wolf, then his wolf wouldn't let him throw his family--his first ever pack--into the sea.

In fact, the inner wolf that is inside all werewolves would abhor that idea, they would try to protect the family pack, even from themselves. Which might've been what Nik has been doing without anyone (bar himself but that's a maybe) realizing. That it's the inner wolf trying to protect them and in doing so, did the only thing it knew. Protecting it's loved ones by stabbing them into a stasis death so they can't harm themselves.

Season 2 Episode 15: The Dinner Party

Elijah left earlier the next day, mentioning something about keeping up appearances. All I knew was that I was bored and home alone.

With that, I decided finding my brother was important, I just had to play it off. Using my senses, I found my brothers scent quickly and started running that way.

After using my werewolf speed for a bit, I found that my brothers scent mixed with Jenna (who I was quite fond of after she helped me in the store once and started to maternal-instinct me, she was considered pack).

Feeling my wolf wag it's tail at seeing the woman again, I quickly found that they were on some historical walk and decided to meet them walking on the Lockwood grounds.

"Jenna!" I ran up to her, my cheeks slightly red from the cold wind.

I smile danced on Jenna's lips as I dashed to her and watched her quickly crouch in order to catch my flying hug.

"Percy!" She exclaimed in delight as she quickly stood up and spun with me in her arms, my giggles filling the air. I peeked at my brother when she finally stopped and saw a smile dancing on his lips and his eyes were softer than normal.

"Hello," I said and acted shyly by ducking into Jenna's neck slightly.

Jenna gave a soft laugh and quickly paid back attention to Elijah, "I'm sorry about that Elijah, this is Percy Jackson. He has relations to the founding Jackson family. Percy, this is Elijah Smith, we're on a historical walk," Jenna explained to me calmly as she somehow was able to keep holding me and all the documents that were in cylinder packaging on her shoulder.