Chapter 10: Fool Me Once

Season 1 Episode 14: Fool Me Once

From everything I pieced together, Damon and a third-party are going to try and open the tomb full of 27 hungry vampires.

It wasn't hard to figure out what they needed from the Jackson Journals.

Which is how I found myself (and actually by myself--no Ray, Rose, Gabriel, or Tyler anywhere) outside Shelia Bennett's house.

I was walking up toward her house before I saw Damon Salvatore at her door trying to act like his charming self and trying to get her to help him.

I saw him stumble back in pain as Shelia was making Damon's blood rupture in his head over and over again (Vampires with their healing makes it a painful experience).

I watched Shelia turn her back to Damon and enter her home once more after threatening Damon.

Damon rubbed his head and grumbled a little as he made his way off her lawn. I ducked behind some hedges and watched him look around before speeding away and toward the direction of his house.

As soon as I knew he was gone, I walked back up toward the house and rang the doorbell.

"I already told you, Damon." Shelia threatened as she opened the door before staring at me in shock.

"Last I check, Shelia, I was not Damon Salvatore." I told her with a gentle smile, happy to see my friend once more.

Shelia finally smiled at me and looked relaxed. I tried not to pay attention to the gray hairs in her hair. "Bonnie mentioned she had a friend named Percy Jackson. I knew we would eventually meet again. Just not in these circumstances," she said sadly.

"May I come in?" I asked not wanting to intrude but had important news for her. Especially, when I heard from Ray who was watching the Salvatore's that both Bonnie and Elena were missing.

"You may always be welcomed in." Shelia said fondly as he opened the door wider.

I gave her a soft smile missing when we were the same height. As soon as I was inside, she lead me over toward the living room.

"What is it that you needed to say?" Shelia asked getting right down to business.

And I told her everything. She was always my best friend. I never told her everything about me, her ancestors would be too interested in it, but she always had suspicions.

When I told her that both Elena and Bonnie were taken, I could tell there was a change in her emotions.

She quickly got a small bowl and started to chant over it while slicing her palm. As soon as she was done enchanting and the blood stopped dripping from her hand. She poured the blood over the table and it slowly separated and changed into words.

There in front of us was an address and room number of a place I knew was a motel. I looked back up and saw that Shelia was a bit pale but overall fine.

I grabbed her cut hand and put some of my magic over the wound, making a bandage of magic. After a few seconds, the magic sunk in and started to heal the cut.

"I could've done that." she teased as she examined me over for exhaustion. Young witches and warlocks, especially my age, could never have done that advance magic without being tired.

But I wasn't normal and have lived a long life, much longer than a normal which in any case. My magic reserves were very large.

"I know." I told her with a smile. Before she could say anything the doorbell rang. "It's Stefan Salvatore, I do believe he is here to ask your help for Bonnie. Give it to him, for now he is honorable."