Chapter 16: Plan B

This chapter is just a bit shorter than other chapters, mostly because it focuses on the Moonstone and Percy's plan with it.

Season 2 Episode 6: Plan B

"Let me get this straight, you're going to give your Uncle an object we know nothing about?" I asked for clarification.

"If I really wanted to give him the real stone, why exactly do you think I came to you?" Tyler asked.

I came Tyler a pleased 'you have learned well' look before motioning for him to hand me the actual stone.

Tyler pulled it out of his back-pocket and almost at once I felt the powerful magic radiate off of it.

But...there was also a feeling of recognition, like my own magic recognized what was bound to the stone.

I instantly felt protective of it. Drawn to it for some reason.

Trying to shove the feelings away, I drew my magic into trying to make a perfect replica of the stone.

It took a few seconds but thankfully the stone replicated beautifully; however, the magic couldn't and if someone who knew the magic felt it, would know the replica of the original stone was a fake version.

I opened my eyes as I accidentally closed them when I was done as I felt drained. Blinking a few times to clear my vision that was slightly distorted from being tired, I looked at Tyler with a small smile.

"It's not perfect, the magic I mean. So, hopefully your uncle doesn't know anyone who is suppose to know what the magic of the stone feels like. The stone itself though, perfect replica," I said feeling pride in my work.

"Let's hope he doesn't know any of the owners," Tyler told me with a smile as he took the magical stone out of my hands.

"I placed a sort of magical trace on it as well. Wherever it goes, I know." I flopped into one of the library chairs and picked up a book I was reading earlier. It was about the history of the vampires. I'm trying to figure out how they came to be and it seemed all books have one thing in common.

They lack the information about how they came to be. It was quite frustrating.

"Where will you place the actual stone?" Ty asked as he pocketed the new stone.

"It'll be in a secure place. Don't worry about it okay. The less people know, the less chance of it getting found out about it." I tried to give Tyler a reassuring look.

"What happens if you tell someone where the stone is?"

"Then I probably have a good reason and plan. I would hope so anyway," I muttered the last part.

I was worried about the connection I felt with the stone and if I would do anything rash for some reasons. I just couldn't put a feeling to the way of how I was connected to the stone, it was annoying.

"I'll take your word." Tyler gave me a smile and fake-saluted as a joke before leaving my house to head over to his own home to give Mason the stone.

As soon as Tyler was out, I moved toward the small space underneath the patio where I installed a little security area that only I can get to.

Call it paranoia for the reason I built the thing. But it was a metal tunnel that would only fit a small child roughly below the age of 10.

The metal tunnel had sigils all over it from something that can't be erased, the sigils would take off any sort of compulsion.

What was nice was also the fact that the metal walls also had trace amounts of vervain and wolfsbane to keep normal werewolves and vampires out.

Then, if there was someone who wasn't under compulsion, a vampire, or a werewolf. At the end of the tunnel was a locked door where you needed a special code and fingerprint to get in.