Chapter 27: As I Lay Dying

I do not own Percy Jackson or the Vampire Diaries/The Originals

I knew as soon as I woke up that it was not a normal day. Mostly because my wolf was howling and was feeling antsy, which only occurred if there was danger around, or the more likely suspect was that the Full Moon was upon us.

Which made sense because last I remembered, my brother, Niklaus, was preparing for the ritual this coming afternoon as the full moon would happen tonight before he had to wait another month for the next full moon.

With those thoughts, and the brief remembrance that Tyler might be in harm's way, I slipped out of Nik's, or whoever's, bed and slipped out of the bedroom.

Ignoring the original doppelganger who slowly nursing a glass of whiskey and was watching me with sharp eyes, I exited the apartment quickly only needing to snarl at the vampire once to stop her from following me, or heaven forbid trying to stop me.

As soon as I stepped foot of the place my brother had taken over, I let my wolf take over and with the swift transformation, I allowed my wolf to take complete control, meaning my eyes turned from their normal sea green to the silver that showed my true parentage.

Slipping to the back of my wolf's mind, I allowed it to lead us to the forest where I heard bones breaking sharply, which made me concern because the scents soon drifted over to me telling me that it was Tyler who was changing.

Why didn't he have his ring? That made no sense, it would've stopped his transformation if he needed it to. Unless one of the wiccan users took it from him? Sensing the magic of it perhaps?

Whatever the reason, they took the only thing that is keeping the vampires safe, so with the impending transformation, my wolf speed toward the sounds and scents of vampires and bones breaking.

I broke through the foliage and watched as the now wolf-Tyler bit Damon, almost subtlying but it was enough for me to feel concern for the friend that I had in Damon.

My wolf, feeling protective of the vampire, quickly threw Tyler off of Damon and snarled. The snarl, triggering a response to it's Alpha, quickly lowered its head and whimpered before crawling softly on the ground.

My wolf snarled again and watched as Tyler flipped onto his belly to show his submissiveness. Satisfied he at least wouldn't be biting anyone else, my wolf felt it's instincts pull us in another direction.

So with little thought of Tyler for some reason, my wolf took off deeper in the forest, where my wolf heard more rustling before some shrieking occurred of a female camper.

I took control of my wolf briefly to at least show caution as my inner wolf wagged its tail in response to a scent that washed over us.

I've never smelt such a smell before, it was similar to a pack smell, but it also smelt of familiarity. Calmness. Safe. Home. That washed over me as well.

Confused because only one person ever smelt that way, I slowly crept out of the bushes and toward the scent of metallic swept over my nose.

Scrunching my nose as I never got use to the scent of blood, or large portions of blood, I paused at the scene that I arrived to.

A blond wolf that was clearly just slightly a larger built than a normal wolf was snacking off of some dead female camper that had the unfortunate accident of camping under the full moon in a place full of supernatural beings.

But what shocked me the most was the resemblance of the blond wolf in front of him to his wolf stuffed animal, Niklaus.

Almost laughing as the dots connected, I shuffled closer and spotted my brother in a tree at a safe distance from the wolf watching with calculating, but slightly cruel eyes at their brother.